Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Revs wont drop to idle

So, XB12 -05 Drummer exhaust and racemap.

Problem is, that when the engine is revved, the revs come down realy slow, and when they hit 2000-2500rpm, you need to manualy pull them under the 2000rpm by clutch, in order to get it back to idle.

Same thing goes for decel, if im going to stop to trafic lights, and i pull the clutch before the revs set under 2000, i need to use the clutch to pull them back to idle.

So, i guess ill have to do some minor adjustments by EMC spy, but how, should i go for complete fuell cutoff when the throtle is closed, and the engine is above <1500rpm or should i try some bit more delicant aproach ?

Hanging Idle is fairly common, I think some members have gotten around it on the pre-08's by lowering the idle setting just a touch, instead of 1k idle while hot, try to get it down to about 800, oh, did it just start doing this, or has it been an ongoing issue?, if it all of a sudden started after months of trouble free, it might be an intake leak, are your cables lubed good? check if the throat of the throttle body is clean, may be some gunk keeping the butterfly from closing completely, do you have the breather reroute?

Nope, its been doing it always. Was eaven worse on the stockmap, racemap helped a bit.

Got breather rerouted, and the cleaned the thortle when i bought the bike. been clean ever since.

You mean lower the idle form the adjuster knob, or by taking some fuell of the map ? Tryed adjusting the knob, but inorder to get it idle <1000rpm hot, the normal idle is so low that the engines idle noises doesent sound healthy anymore.

from the knob, don't take it down too low, just a little, it may be lean in the maps, if you knob the idle down and it starts pinging/popping, your map is too lean, add some fuel to the map, and redo

Sounds like leaking intake seals. Is it worse when hot vs when cold?

yep, could be, ^^

1st - Adjust idle as close to 950 as you can AFTER the bike is up to Operating temp.

-if still bad

2nd - Spray starter fluid around the intake seals with bike running. If idle jumps up, you have an intake leak.

-if still bad

3rd - Do a TPS reset and begin looking at your maps...

I'm betting you won't need to go past Step 1. ;)

Thanks, i guess i need to take a bit deeper look on the issue. Just tuned my maps doing ~30mile logging on low rpms, and then letted the Megalog do the trick...

Better, alot. Now the rpm drop only gets bit slower when the needle hits 2500, but atleast it doesent hang in there anymore.

The idle is that low?! I remember reading 1150 from somewhere... :/ Gotta adjust that, and thest the intake for leaks :)

Idle should be set to 1050. Do a TPS reset at proper temp and adjust the idle like you're supposed to. Then see if it's still doing it and see if the seals are leaking, there are a few ways to test that. I'd bet money that's the root of the issue though.

Just had the same problem this week after remapping and TPS reset. I re-adjusted the idle to just under 1000 (was 1050) and the problem resolved. Not sure if that will fix yours, but sounds similar and worth the easy shot.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast