Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wrecks, lets hear them.

I highjacked Proggs post so I decided to start one. Lets hear your wrecks. How did it happen and what did it leave you with ie Scars, limp, crazy eye, what. and how long did it take for you to get back on your bike.

I have put it down 4 times. First two where on a YZF600r, First was Way to fast for a corner and ran off the road and the second was a low side on a wet road. Just bumps and bruises. Third was on a R6, washed out the front end, Broke a finger and a mild concussion. The last was on my Buell when a car with no break lights or turn signals came to a complete stop in the road in front of me and I happen to look down at a low fuel light that just come on at the same time. I grabbed front break and it was either put it down or hit the car. I put it down and ended up breaking my collar bone and road rash on the top of my Knee. The crazy thing is I landed on my left side and broke my right collar. I hit really hard. The doctor let me keep the plate and now its my key chain for the bike.

OOOO i like this thread cause i can put down an incident . . . okay ill be the biggest dumb ass i had my bike for about 22 hours puttering around my neighborhood just getting the feel of it. well i guess i bit off a little to much. i was rounding a corner like 10mph ripped on it in first shifted into second hit the throttle rly hard front end popped up just before the road curved came down all wobbly. keep in mind i was not prepared for that to happen what so ever. so i glanced off the curb landed on the curb lol spun around to see my buddy running towards me then spun around agian to see the sparks flying off my bike (that was the worst part)

i got road rash like a mother here are the pics

I really like the last picture, the warning sticker says something about handling haha! Glad you guys are here to tell us about them. I've got 20k under my belt and no accidents. Knock on wood.

ahm.. :o

My little story:

Was waiting on a right turn on an intersection for a cab to pass by. He was going at a decently high speed to catch the green light. The second he passed by I left the turn.

Apparently, there was a guy waiting on the right side of the road for a cab, so the taxi smashed the brakes so hard his wheels locked up and turned right.

I just happened to be in the place he turned into.
    So I hit the brakes so hard that my back wheel came up, milliseconds later my front wheel locks up and slides.

Anyways as expected bike topples to the side.. The rider peg landed on my foot and BROKE (not snapped off, broke), and I'm being dragged by the bike. So the whole weight of the bike was being balanced on the peg which in turn was on my foot.

I was wearing my boots, and I can guarantee that if I wasn't I wouldn't have a right foot right now. No broken bones, but I'm going to walk funny for the rest of my life and there is no way I can run.

It was a hit'n'run but thanks to cctv they managed to catch him and hes now serving jail time!

Moral of the story: Gear is going to save your ass.

thats exciting ive never been hit by a cab before

figured I would update this thread.
    Riding thru the mountain where I live and got t-boned by an old woman. I'll post pics of the bike when I can get up to do it.

Broken Calcaneus and a cankle.. haha

Going through a VERY sharp banked corner at about 40 when my rear tire slipped out from behind me so I stood it up and went off roading. I high sided in the dirt at about 35 mph. Swollen ankle, deep bruising, 1 cut on my thigh from the bikes peg and a SEVERE headache.

Alright... I think I take the cake with my story. I had had my new XB12R for about 5 months. Finally talked a buddy of mine into buyin one. He bought an 05 12R with the race kit and exhaust. Well one day, about 12 days after he got his bike, we were cruisin around. He had a lady friend on the back in booty shorts. Cute... but stupid lol. I saw this and had to give her my helmet. No way could I ride fully protected with her in rags pretty much lol.
    We were making the last turn before dropping her off at her house, when I saw the perfect opportunity to ride a wheelie. Got a little too ballsy on the throttle and the front tire came too far up. My tail started draggin on the ground. I knew they were right next to me but couldnt see them. I decided to just let the bike go so they didnt get hurt... BUT... My buddy, being that he had little experience, tried passing me instead of slammin on the brakes. My bike came down, I stopped rolling in time to see my bike smash into the side of them. His bike went down, with both of them rolling on pavement. My front tire was on her left ankle for about 3 weeks. The helmet I let her borrow saved her life. I didnt even have a scratch on my head. None the less... I feel like an ass, but we are all ok! No major injuries other than some gnar road rash.

Spilled bikes is a thread by everyother time- that's where you can read the details of my experiences with momentum ,gravity&friction.
    The first one put me on my back for 4 months, the second one was about a month with a bruised hip& badly spranged thumb.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast