Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wrecks, lets hear them.

Yeah Camaro...that must blow but good choice on giving the helmet up to the lady.

Last May on one of my favorite rides (Route 40 in VA) I got in some gravel in a sharp turn, went over a hill and hit some small trees. Went over the bars, got up, took my helmet off, left arm looked like a banana. Broken forearm, dislocated elbow, didn't ride again until August. Scariest part was I couldn't move any of my fingers until about November, came back slow but it seems as good as new now. I should have slowed down, I had already dodged some gravel before I wrecked, VDOT likes to build up the road shoulders with gravel, got caught up in the ride and screwed up. ATGATT! Bike came through in good shape, scratched the fender, wind screen, lost the outer lens on front turn signal, all replaced now. These bikes are tough.

i got T-boned by a guy doing a U-turn on the highway...

[img]null[/img]

Yea. It was odd that I just happened to give the helmet up to her... and even more odd i didnt hit my head at all. We all got lucky.

If you can believe this....I raced for 8 years, won 2 Canadian 125GP championships, tested a GSXR-750 superbike at 160 mph, was a passenger on a 150mph sidecar for 2 years (got tossed of it at 80 mph) and walked away from it all with a few minor bumps and scuffs. I retired in October of 2002 and had my ankle blown to bits (pins,scrwes,the whole bit) playing rec hockey the following Feb. I did something REALLY dangerous for 8 years and then got ****ed up playing friggin hockey, don't seem fair does it? lol. Wayne

racepro, I messed up my hockey career in the same way. I had try outs with jr.'s hockey team and two weeks before, I snapped my ankle in a pick up game. Going to the boards to retrieve the puck and caught a bad groove. Tosed me into the boards and screws and plates later.

BTW, posted my spill last week with driver not paying attention.

Yuk... no more pics of body parts.

****, sorry. I retired in 1992 not 2002. Apparently the mind goes with age...... Wayne

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12