Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: The XB4R build begins...

I hope you put an 1125 in an xb chasis for your next project.

We had a blast and wanted to do something different. I can tell you, yes one cylinder less makes a huge diff. I've sat on this bike and it's light. A huge difference from my xb9.

I want to see the final hp/weight ratio. Maybe you could be close to ninja 250 weight! It would make an interesting track day machine. Sometimes, less power is better.

I'd like to see a video of this passing up liter bikes in the corners....

What kind of hp and torque does the blast make? I'd assume roughly half what the xb's make, right? JW if saving the weight of one cylinder which I'd guess is less than 50 lb is worth ~45hp?

Cool either way, and if it's what you want it's all good, JW for my own curiosity...

The blast actually only makes 35hp, but the blast has the same bore and stroke as the 9 and has a lower compression piston. So essentially I would expect the bike to have about 40-45hp and about the same in torque and weigh about 50lbs less than a 9. But we shall see once this bike is done. I'm just going to order another wiring harness and screw messing with the one I got.

My blast weighs 385 wet. I haven't had it on dyno yet, I'm waiting to install a xb head and piston with maybe some aftermarket cams.
    Matt

I hope you put an 1125 in an xb chasis for your next project.
    @ANGRYGNOME.....that's my dream bike, power and short wheel base for handling, I'd imagine it would probably almost be to short for that rotax....

email me more detailed steps if you can because i am very interested in doing the same thing. but would like a parts list and instructions if you can ind time. thank you. juanm_valles@yahoo.com

Any updates on the bike?
    You mentioned some extra work for the primary cover " primary cover isn't exactly a direct fit", can you let me know what you had to modify on the primary cover.
    I want to make my own rear sets for my Blast and was thinking of using the XB primary cover.

I've got to get the bike to a shop to do a few things for me. As for the primary cover, the shift shaft hole has to be changed out to fit, I believe I used parts from the blast to make it fit, one bolt is missing compared to the blast vs xb so you can either bypass it or have material added to the case and tapped to fit the bolt.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast