Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: new tires... your opinions please

Started running pilot power 2ct about 1.2 k ago, I already have decided I will run nothing else on the buell. Do it, you won't regret paying a little more

I just wish they made a 200/50 so I can see if I like it, I have a 190/50 and it doesnt feel any different than my original 180/55.

No one is listening... The PURE POWER Michelin's are the "BEST" tire on the market for your Buell. I have owned 6 Buell's and these are the best tires for these bikes.....PERIOD.

If you worried about money then you don't care about your tires...

Don't know if this has been said, but motorcycle superstore has good deals on tires.

citizenx - did you ever get new tires? I am trying to decide on what tires to put on my 2002 M2 Cyclone. I was wondering what you got, and what you thought about the performance of what you bought on the tube frame Buell.
    Sadly not yet... I had to almost completely tare it down, I am getting the rear shock rebuilt by racetech, rebuilding the front forks, replacing the intake seals, wrapping the exhaust, painting my tail and repainting my front and lower fairings, and fixing a few other small things. After all this is done I will get the tires done.

However, now i am thinking about saying screw long life and getting these for some sticky tires.. plus super cheep :)

front
    rear

So reason for all the change, the mechanic didn't get it done b4 i got back in town, so i figured save some money and do it my self :)

pilot road 2 for sure since they've got the dual compound longevity. I've put 1500 miles on mine and it still looks brand new if that's any testament, my friend rides a 'busa and got 8k out of his.

"CLOWNS" Metzelers are NOT stickey!!! Don't be cheap get he Michelins you will be the happiest clown on this site............

The Road 3's will be my next tire for my CR. I have about 3 different friends running them on commuter bikes and one of them has 8000 miles on a SV1000 and they still look new. I run Dunlop Roadsmart 2's on my XB and am very happy with them. I got about 9000 out of the front and about 8000 out of a rear and they have been through rain winter and sun. Great tires and have never broke loose on me or made me have pucker moments. I had Power 2CT's once but man I commute and ride my XB everyday and just dont have the money to be buying tires every month as I put about 2-3000 miles a month on her.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345