Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How has this not been a thread yet?!

Quote Originally Posted by cgo
    ...They've got placeholders for 3 more "affordable" bikes; the RX, SX, and AX. The current bike is 40 grand, but it's pretty much the race bike with lights. Still waiting...

http://www.erikbuellracing.com/motorcycles/1190rs/

Click on the motorcycles tab. They also sell some parts for XBs and the 1125 models.

Um, I think that's all old news too.

Everything until a release is speculation...All I know is whatever comes out of that shop is gonna be great.

So he will keep supporting the air cooled models? What I mean is will he reproduce parts or is what's left is what's left? Wonder if he'll go nostalgic with one of the new models or if he'll stay all water-cooled. I know to make it as a race machine wouldn't make sense, but I like the air cooled motors. It gives the bike a lot of character!

IMO the only reason he is "supporting" the older models is because some of the parts they still use fit the older models, and he can make more money that way. I doubt he'd keep supporting old models one new designs come out. There's very little EBR support to the older models, only the parts that cross over and fit the new models for the most part.

Support/parts aren't as rare as people think though, and I honestly think it's growing. More and more people are offering support for buell.

Well, EBR got major air time on Speed's coverage of the AMA from Leguna Seca.

From lap 4 onward, the pair of them were in a tight race for 3rd, 4th, and 5th (1-2 were both Monster' Yamahas, pulled off early, but almost lost 2nd in last 3 laps)

Things like 'Erick Beull will be doing back-flips if they can get a podium finish.'...

The 'out-of-the-corners' wheelies were a topic. The rules on traction control came up, and why EBR is not wasting resources on it until the announcement of next years changes.

Great face time, Grate race guys!

(1-2 were both Monster' Yamahas, pulled off early, but almost lost 2nd in last 3 laps)
    They did lose second Young got 2nd place crossing the line. :)

It was a good race, Hayes is ridiculous.

So he will keep supporting the air cooled models?
    I highly doubt it since he doesn't own the rights to the older bikes HD does. Unless HD wants to sell tooling and rights, and Erik feels the need to I don't see it happening.

HD only has to supply parts for 5/7 years I believe, and this is the factory not the dealers. So parts will get more and more scarce.

Um, I think that's all old news too.

Everything until a release is speculation...All I know is whatever comes out of that shop is gonna be great.
    Lol, obviously not or this thread wouldn't have been created...

I wonder if EBR will ever produce a bike that "regular folks" can afford. Time will tell I guess.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123