Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2002 M2 Cyclone Value?

Although I only used the motor for the Triumph you see above I bought it for $500.and it was a complete bike. Yes it need to be completely rebuilt, but all I wanted was the motor.I build all my own frames and parts so most of the time all I'm looking for is the motor. I bought the Triumph out of Georgia.

That is a Killer creation and the Triumph engine is a great selection for power plant on a lot of different levels. You are definitely a master at your craft!

As for the "tuber", I actually liked the way it rode in general(the 2002 I test rode).The only real mod being a lower ride height. Loosely reminds me of the V-Rod I had years ago, again if it were lowered.

Are there significant issues with the tubers? Seems that most of the serious issues(under-powered, overweight, etc.) were generally solved by the late 90's. Is this a true assessment?

Thanks again.

There is a super clean 2000 M2 Cyclone with less than 3000 mi on it in Denver, CO. Always garage kept in temperature controlled environment warehouse. It had its 3000 mi service completed at Harley in Frederick, CO less than 50 mi ago, for near $500. Never been laid down, never raced, Vance & Hines exhaust. You can find it on Craigslist in Denver. Ad says it is selling for $4900 OBO & can deliver anywhere along the I-70 corridor from Denver to Pittsburgh. You should check that out!!!!

Thanks Blaster, it was not only a fun build it's a blast to ride, at 289 lbs. it's power to weight is perfect. Tubers are a funny bread, Eric had a few great ideas along with a few not so great ideas. I have completely changed the suspension on a couple of tubers and ended up with way better handling and steering geometry. I also cut approx 60lbs. on them which helps in both acceleration and in curves. As for that Denver Cyclone that's a bit rich no matter what the condition,unless you are a purest and/or a Tube Frame lover they're just not worth that kind of money.

Is there a difference between an M2L and an M2, other than the seat itself? Just curious as there is a good chance I'll be checking out an M2L this weekend, so I am just wondering if there are any differences in the rear shock, or the front forks at all with the low model, or if the difference is in the seat like the Blast.

Thanks!
    -Matt

Is there a difference between an M2L and an M2, other than the seat itself? Just curious as there is a good chance I'll be checking out an M2L this weekend, so I am just wondering if there are any differences in the rear shock, or the front forks at all with the low model, or if the difference is in the seat like the Blast.
    Found it - looks like the suspension is in fact different, in addition to the seat between the M2 and M2L. I'll see how it feels, I definitely don't need a low model, but I'm not overly tall either. Hope it works out, and isn't too low for me.

Thanks,
    -Matt

My 2000 M2 was just totaled last week. The insurance company gave me $4100.00 for it. I'm gonna miss it... To ease the pain, I bought a 2003 XB9s today and hopefully picking it up tomorrow.

My 2000 M2 was just totaled last week. The insurance company gave me $4100.00 for it. I'm gonna miss it... To ease the pain, I bought a 2003 XB9s today and hopefully picking it up tomorrow.
    Sorry to hear it, I know how you feel though unfortunately - my XB9R was totaled from a tree falling on it back at the beginning of July. I replaced it with a 2002 M2L, but haven't had a chance to really ride it yet due to a broken exhaust stud. Hopefully getting that fixed this week, and get it registered before the holiday weekend for some good riding.

I have a feeling I won't like the M2 as much as the XB9R, but we will see soon enough!

-Matt

Recon can I ask what happened to the wreck?? Did they offer first right of refusal ?? In other words can it be bought ???

Recon can I ask what happened to the wreck?? Did they offer first right of refusal ?? In other words can it be bought ???
    I was on my way to work 2 weeks ago. The cager in front of me stopped in the middle of the block for no good reason. I stopped and the guy behind me didn't. The swing arm was tweeked, the frame under the seat, and handle bars were bent, seat fairing, tail light, rear signals and seat were damaged. The header pipe, rear brake control, front brake lever and right mirror were also damaged.

When they first tried to give me $2000 for my bike, I told them it wasn't enough to replace or repair the damage.... They offered me 2x the amount and said I couldn't keep the bike if I accepted that amount...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123