Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for a good HID kit - already know the "how to"

Yup, it looks like this topic has been covered a bazillion times. I'm just looking for educated opinions/input. I just replaced my 'bolt's headlight assembly. I was stoked because it's brand new and came with Osram bulbs. Now that I have working lights I was surprised to discover how damn hot they get... no wonder why the older housing burnt! My plan is for a low beam install only - with a delay relay. I don't care if the lights are not the same or if only the one is on most of the time. I did a bi-xenon retrofit to a car I used to have and except for aiming them, it was a piece of cake. Unfortunately, the car was a 2002 Mustang and I kept the stock housing. It looked cool but I got flashed a lot. I'm a more responsible citizen now ;-) I came across retro-solutions website and I'm thinking of buying from them. I can get a system with an all-digital ballast that comes with a delay relay already for a bit over $100. I know there are less expensive systems out there, but I want something good and I don't want to wait 2 or 3 weeks from a company with marginal customer service. Anybody buy from them before? Anyone had a great experience with another company? Thanks for the input!

retro-solutions HID motorcycle kit

I prefer the kits from DDM tuning - have one in my 1125R.

Forgot to mention that they also have a lifetime warranty.

Cant really go wrong with DDM

My question is if you knew this topic has been covered a bazillion times why post it again? The majority of us here will all tell you, and every other Bueller who has and will ask, go to DDM tuning for your HIDs.

^^^

DDM's got the product, But Took a few weeks to get to get to me. And others have mentioned it before to. Also, They get just as hot IMO. I have paint on my front fairing cuz the headlight inserts broke, And the lowbeam side paint is bubbling a little under the bulb. But Good idea with just doing a single kit. High beam is to bright, never use it.

My question is if you knew this topic has been covered a bazillion times why post it again? The majority of us here will all tell you, and every other Bueller who has and will ask, go to DDM tuning for your HIDs.
    If so, why did you waste your time writing that? I recently read a post from another member who wasn't happy with DDM. Not everyone has used DDM on this site either. I was just asking for a little advice from anyone who cared to give it. I wasn't asking for installation directions or to be criticized.

And if you reread it, you'll notice I didn't do either of those things. Again if you reread it, I said "the majority of us"

Simmer down and use the search function junior.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast