Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Just found my xb has a Rebuilt title- need advice!!

not qualified yet to give advice but…

In terms of a contract:

a) a significant clause like it's been rebuilt needs to be drawn to the other party's attention.

b) any confusion in terms goes against the person who wrote the contract

Damn, In Washington State a Rebuilt title is stamped from corner to corner all the way across it so you cant miss it, I know this cuz i just picked up my 05 xb9r for 2800 with the stamp on the title ;)

Inactive
    truth: i have exactly the same bike and here's my take on this subject which has been covered well on this thread: the cost to pursue it civilly in court would cost you damn near what you paid for the bike. you'll be needing a lawyer to file the suit for you and we all know how costly those pricks are. secondly, how do you prove "loss of value"? in other words your claim is based on being cheated by the seller with failure to disclose information. how much money were/are you cheated out of? virtually impossible to calculate. you will be chasing your tail in court. if it makes you feel any better here's my 2004 xb9r that i paid $3000 for with 2950 miles when purchased from original owner and it's sporting a PA reconstructed title due to having fallen over at the H-D dealership when it was new causing approx. $1200 damage to it. one of the best bikes i've ever owned. lastly, why don't you take a friend along, go back and visit George Z. Nelson and tell him to give you a partial refund of a few hundred bucks. get tough if you have to.

No answer

Legally, it's on both of you to disclose something like a rebuilt/salvage title AND to review the paperwork.

BUT, if you want a couple hundred $'s back,
    - Quit calling him (that's kind of whiny and it's really only a couple hundred $'s difference anyway)
    - File a claim in Small Claims court
    - Then give him an easy out for a few hundred $'s so you don't go to court
    ... or ...
    Chalk it up to experience and enjoy your new ride!

Legally, it's on both of you to disclose something like a rebuilt/salvage title AND to review the paperwork.

BUT, if you want a couple hundred $'s back,
    - Quit calling him (that's kind of whiny and it's really only a couple hundred $'s difference anyway)
    - File a claim in Small Claims court
    - Then give him an easy out for a few hundred $'s so you don't go to court
    Â* Â*... or ...
    Chalk it up to experience and enjoy your new ride!
    Superb advice if you want to do something about it.

Guys, I could totally go pay him a visit.... But I am really considering just accepting the loss and enjoying the bike. He is a bad person and the situation sucks, but I think I might just want to start wrenching and improving the bike... I'll keep everyone posted. Thanks to all for your advice and encouragement!

every bike ive owned in last ten years was salvage.never had any problems with them after i fixed them and sold them all but my latest.

Inactive
    But I am really considering just accepting the loss and enjoying the bike
    i would as well and lesson learned. you got a great bike at a great price. always remember that when buying any used vehicle, believe very little of what the seller is telling you that can't be documented or observed on your own. and ALWAYS look at the title and/or registration first...then the vehicle VIN. if you ever see anything and i mean anything that looks suspicious...walk away.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123