Thread: keda, low seat, new k&n

busted out some much needed work yesterday. was out of town and while i was gone had a few packages show up :) got a new low seat and k&n(old one was damaged) from buell parts, and a keda/magnaflow powder coated can.

the seat fits my nicely, and the keda sounds great! videos to come soon once i tune it with ecmspy. i'll also be putting the chin spoiler back one once i fab up some brackets. stay tuned!

oh i might add that the keda install wasn't completely painless, had to sand off the powder coating on the male side of the down pipe and coax the female ends to fit right. also the bracket that comes off the dp had to be coaxed...A LOT. good thing i work at a metal fab shop :p

If that's the case, there must be some big (1/4" or more) variances between headers. I built the jig off of a stock xb12 muffler, test fitted maybe 4 or 5 downpipes to verify. I've had 2 that needed to be lightly modified at the hole in the tab even though they matched the jig. Sorry about the difficulties you had. :(

lol i fabricate custom turbo kits for a living...if it was difficult to install you would have heard from me before i posted this. it would've been difficult to fab a whole system from scratch with stainless. you make a good piece mr. adams. thank you for all your input sir