Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Leaning more on the rights

So I know I need to improve a bit on my leaning. I can get really low and get good angles on te left curves (enough to get my knees down and such while feeling stable). Yet while taking right turns I can carry pretty decent speed through them, but I know I cant get as low or good of a lean angle as I do leaning left.

Anybody have any pointers?

I sort of reared up the gear a bit... I was just havig to much fun!

Probably psyched since a right turn has you sliding into traffic if you screw up.

Find places with clear visibility of oncoming traffic so you know when it's empty.

What worked for me was that, if there's no oncoming traffic, it's actually safer to slide out since there's more asphalt and less barriers, ditches, signs, etc.

I'm not fast on any turns any more but I used to be much more comfortable going right than left.

Take it to a track...

Do you ride on the balls of your feet?

Do you ride on the balls of your feet?
    Dosent look like it

Trust me if I lived anywhere near a track I'd be a very poor man!, I'd be there as often as possible!, however I don't, so I'm stuck with curved back roads. I ride on the front part of my toes/feet when riding aggressively.

I'm going to call foul......your toe is not on your pegs and your hanging your body way to far off your bike. And your just tearing up your gear.
    Your goal to go faster has nothing to do with how low your knee is to the ground. Your knee is more used as a guide/feeler and for balance.

Also how big is your foot? I wear a size 12 1/2 and I'm hitting my sparklers before I touch my shoes

I'm hitting my sparklers before I touch my shoes
    Sounds adorable.

i wear 12's

when i first got my bike, yes i did ride with the souls of my foot on the peg, and majority of the the shoe got worn down then. since, I've learned to ride on the front of my feet when actually going aggressively. the part that looks more "melted" and shiny black was more recent, when my toes were on the pegs.

I don't have the feelers on my pegs.... didn't have them when i got the bike.

I am aware having contact to the pavement has nothing to do with actually going fast, you can drag knees in a parking lot in a pretty low gear if you want to. my main point/question is i know my "going right" is slower than my "going left". I was just kind of seeking some tips on how to improve my body position, and skills to get into the right turns a bit quicker.

Quote:
    I'm hitting my sparklers before I touch my shoes

Sounds adorable.
    i don't need to lie to kick it....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast