Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O2 sensor troubles baffling me

I have a 2007 Uly with 30K miles on it. The check engine light comes on every time I ride it. ECMSPy says it is a code 13. SO I replaced the O2 sensor today with a new Bosch unit thinking that would be it, but it is still doing it.

While I had the motor rotated I put new plugs in it- the old ones were white - from running too lean I assume.

The throttle body had no cap on that little nipple that sticks out the side, so I assumed (Yes, again ;) ) that the problem was either the vacuum leak caused by the missing cap or a bad O2 sensor. Now with both fixed it runs great on the top end, sneezes a bit more than I'd like still and really gets choppy when you try to hold a steady cruise.

I am supposed to be leaving on Wed morning for a trip to Glacier that we have been planning for months. Running out of time and options here...

My only guess is that it could be intake seals. Anybody ever see intake seals cause these symptoms?

Thanks in advance for the help,
    Corey

common issue. probably broken ecm connector (replace ecm) or engine ground drift. if engine temp signal is erratic also, ground drift is almost sure. if o2 signal issues start with fan blowing, probably broken/loose ground wires from ecm. check all ground connections for continuity. check ecm's ground wires (black) for continuity. don't waste any time searching for intake leaks.

Thanks ich.

Cancelling the trip.

if o2 signal issues start with fan blowing, probably broken/loose ground wires from ecm.
    No issues with the fan. It seems to work as it normally does- everything seems to work fine, except the O2 trouble code 13.

Before I changed the O2 sensor it was intermittent CEL. Now it comes on and stays on. ECMSpy shows the O2 sensor changing voltages as you give it gas.

Due to a virus on my computer screwing up my registry I am having difficulty getting meaglogviewer to run right.

TPS problem for sure, get someone to lend you one and see how it goes

Tried to find a TPS locally. The Autozone part numbers often given (TPS123 and TPS213) do NOT fit '07 XB12s. TPS213 is very close, but the pins are oriented incorrectly.

I pulled mine off and checked it out- it does not appear to have any issues.

Rolled the motor out for the 4th time in as many weeks (man I'm getting good at this!). Installed new intake seals and ran a separate ground wire to the coil from the battery negative. It started and seemed to idle better, but when I tried to ride it- the motor would cut out if I gave it over 30% throttle. SO I was back to the TPS... which I couldn't find.

For some reason it bugged me that the TPS checked out, but the symptoms sure looked like the TPS. For some reason that I don't understand I decided to crank the AFV up to 140% and try it. Guess what- no more throttle issue!!

So I managed to get Megalogviewer working correctly and started going for 4-5 mile rides while logging. I used the VE analyze function to correct the maps each time. Each time the AFV came down. I also reset the TPS 2 or 3 times during this process. After the AFV was down to 106% I called it good for today.

The bike now runs great! In fact I have zero sneezing and part throttle steady cruise is the best this bike has ever been. I can actually hold a smooth steady 25MPH now!

I'm still not sure what was happening when it was cutting out?? Maybe the ECM saw parameters that were so far out of whack it just shut down. It would only refire once the bike dropped to idle speed. Strange...

Getting the new intake seals in:

I used Genuine James Seals and coated them with Hylomar Racing Blue sealant to see how well it would work in this app.

I know that there are some that say you can do this without rolling the motor, but I could not see how. It was much easier just to roll it forward.

275 miles yesterday through some of the twistiest roads in the rockies and its running absolutely beautifully now. No CEL and it just seems to get smoother as the miles rack up.

Makes me wonder if this bike has had slightly leaking intake seals since it was new... it has never been this smooth. No sneezing, coughing or twitchiness whatsoever anymore.

Banned
    I'm going to replace O2 secror using Bosch O2 sensor. What it the part number which will fit 2009 Buell XB12Scg? Autozone shows a bunch of different sensors with different plugs and wire length http://www.autozone.com/engine-manag...e&newYmme=true

Which one do I need?

It looks like 2009 Buell XB uses BOSCH P0277-5AA, but I do not see this part in Autozone or Amazon.
    Last edited by TPEHAK; 10-29-2016 at 04:06 AM.

Inactive
    ^^^^ Judas Priest! how many times must i post this???????

02 Sensor

02 sensor for buell XB from GM delco GM part #25162693

GM OEM= 8990469 superseded to 25162693

NTK= 21002

Airtex= 553071

Bosch= 12014

Denso= 234-1001

Walker= 250-21001

SNG= SN1-15

^^^^^Good one Dave! Haven't heard that one in a long time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast