Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: noob questions on performance

Rough, off the exhaust shootout. Keep in mind that those are just the exhaust only. $700 is a ballpark guesstimate on the average setup. Pipe, tune, airbox mod and filter, re-route. Depending on the brand and where you get your parts, could be more or less
    ........well didnt mean to get anyone in a twisted mood...not hear to talk anyone out of mods did more mods and more dyno runs then i care to think about lot of money spent and thats with a good friend who did all the work through the years that also had a dyno machine .....had harley v twins from 85 hp to 120 hp with 130 tq....myself and my buddys learned one thing....nothing is what they tell you or read,, .....do a few rollons with other buells in higher gears to see if your or any motor is running stronger with the work that was done....usually the guy behind is the guys saying he has all this hp but wants to go again but sayes let go another 1/2 mile longer....are never mind just rambling ....but the injection really screws everyone out of making power for cheep money

Kwon Su,

Yeah that's the right mod. Though there are many different ways and everyone has their own take on what is the better way (you'll see once you start reading the thread) Main thing to me about the re-route is that you learn some about your bike and get some great satisfaction knowing that you've improved you're ride. Let us know of any questions and ride safe. :)

thank steve, however i have another question...

... do you guys personally think its worth upgrading a 9, or should I just get myself a 12scg (im too short for the reg)

well kwon, it depends on what direction you want to take your bike. So what exactly do you want out of your bike?

well the 9 is fun as H. E. double hockey sticks,
    considering the only other thing Ive really ridden is a Shadow 750 (my starter bike).

The fact that Im short limits me (5'6") but ive always been more interested in acceleration then top speed anyway, which is why i LOVE buell. I guess what I want is more speed and more chances to work on my bike. Nothing too fancy, not like im opening up a garage.

Kwon Su,

I wanted to start out with a 9 originally, mainly because, in my mind, it would be better for me since I hadn't ridden much. After checking around, there wasn't really very much difference between the 9 & 12, at least from the a "seat of the pants" view. In my mind, I would think the 12 would have the advantage of better "grunt" (comparing stock 9 to stock 12), off the line power. But, even the MPG is rated the same so there can't be a whole lot of difference. Anyways, I began looking for either one and ended up with a 12. Had I got a better deal on a 9, I would've got it. But these other guys will have more experience than me on this subject.

By the way, is your real name Kwon Su? Just wondering.....I'm Korean/American. :D

Oh yeah, and the 12's stock seat is approx. 1" lower than the 9's stock seat, so if you can find one it might help some. I got the 12 Low seat and I can touch the bottom of my feet to the ground now.

really, the 12scg is only 20lbs more max with 10-20 more HP and 10-20 more ft lbs of torque depending on the year. Thats a big difference in power to weight.

And no, kwon su is just my favorite saying from my favorite movie. Surf Ninjas.

Adam: Kwon su dudes!
    Adam: They love this word. It must mean...”Free Beer" or something.

Again, I've only got experience with the 12. All I know of the difference between the 9 & 12 is what I've read from others, which most tend to say, "seat of the pants", there's not a whole lot of difference.

Best way for you to know would be to go to a Dealer and ride a 12. Let us know what you think about it.

The 12 and 9 are built to run about the same. NOTE: "about the same" means there will be some wiggle room in better or worse for both the 9 and 12 depending on the bike you happen to get ahold of.

Since you already have a 9 don't waste your money trying to trade it in on a 12, you can use that hard earned money on mods for the 9 to make it pull more off the line.:D

thats all i needed to here

thanks alot guys
    :):)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast