Thread: Can 07 xb gears fit in 05

Hey guys. I'm having trans issues n found 07 and was wondering if it will fit in 05 xb12r. Anyone know for sure. Do you change head gaskets everytime the heads are off. Thanks in advance.

Went to the stealership n they are totally different shape n Part numbers for shifters shift forks and gears. In short no fit. Two weeks for back ordered 05 xb12r main shaft that I F'ed up smdh. Main trouble was locked in gear caused by shift fork shaft $10 not in stock. just my luck.

Nothing will be in stock. I'm still waiting for parts for my 06. You already figured out they are different I think 05 and earlier are straight gears and 06+ are the angled gears. If I was you I'd do the headgaskets. I ended up buying a full engine gasket set and it really isn't much and better piece of mind since it's all taken apart anyways. My rear head gasket was leaking so you may want to just put a new one on just to be safe. Seems like a few of us are having some tranny issues. What mileage were you at?

I'm ashamed to say 6000. I don't get out much to enjoy the road I do ride hard but the trouble bent shift fork with no wear on forks clutch or gears all say freak accident.