Thread: push rod ring leaking

hey just got bike back on rd was runing great then got it home have about 30mils on her now since topend rebuild and one of the push rod rings got pinched in the opening where the top of the push rod cover gos in to the head oil is down more then a quart whats the easiest way to get her back on the rd need lil help :(

Have to rotate the engine(or drop it), and remove the head and replace the ring.

+1 on XB9RS. Been there, done that on both cylinders. After several descriptive adjectives I got it back on the road again.

yah this sucks gona have to do it over lol got a 30mil ride any way i have the Cometic Top End Gasket kit dos any one know what gaskets i can reuse

I had the same thing. I went with the .030 gasket kit. Go to HD and get the pushrod o-rings. If you didn't thrash on it, you *Should* be able to reuse the head gasket. Check the other rings though, I ended up pinching all 4. I reused the head gaskets, retorqued to correct values, and no problems in about 2000 miles.

Oh, also, for the header gaskets, get the copper o-rings. I used them instead of the Cometic or stock gaskets, and no leaks, and sealed up nicely.

hey thx for your help chris i am just gona get a new kit and go buy the rings from h-d yah not sure about the pink ones that are in the cometic kit where can i find the copper o-rings 4 the exhaust the ones that came with the kit worked good for me