Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ECMSPY Not connecting 08 XB9SX

I paid the 50 pounds to get the full version. Installed the application first, then then the password and second download, forgot the name of the file. Now everything is installed, open ecmspy, plug the cables in, bike on, hit connect and it says S something timeout. And does not connect. Any ideas?

Sorry forgot the bike, its an 08 XB9SX with 22K on it.

DJ

You need tunerpro for a 08+

The paid ecmspy is suppose to support 08+ but the old unpaid version was only pre 08 to my knowledge.

I had the time out error myself...most likely a bad cable. You have 3 pins in the connector (ground/black, transmit/orange, & receive/yellow) You can test the cable by plugging it into the usb port and then taking a volt meter and check the voltage from the ground pin to transmit pin then from ground pin to recive pin. Both should read right around 5 VDC +/- a few tenths of a volt (i.e. 4.7 VDC is ok). That is what was wrong with my setup. Built a new cable and it worked just fine!

Awesome, I will check the cable tonight. I did download the tuner pro V5 for my ecm I thought. I will go through everything tonight and make sure all is correct.

Does anyone have a tune out there for an 08? I want something to base my values off. Kinda compare the differences, see where the timing is going, pulse width, band width, fuel, AFV, etc. Need to get the thing connected first tho!!LOL

DJ

Have you downloaded and installed the driver for the cable? You can't connect without it.

OK, I have 3.3 vdc on the cable. You mentioned it should be around 5, if both are 3.3 I should be good right?

As for the drivers, I believe I have downloaded and installed. Have gone through a bunch of threads and found driver downloads. Downloaded and then plug in cable, I still dont get a new programs message. Waiting for the IAT sensor, but want to get the lap top communicating before it gets here. So I can start logging as soon as I get the check engine light off.

DJ

I also try to download tunerpro v5 for my bike, when I try to open it it says adobe cannot open this file type, either not supported or damaged. any suggestions?

there are a couple kinds of cables...The ttl-232r 3.3v and I have the ttl-232r 5v. Where did you get the cable from?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast