Thread: The Tuniversity is back and ready to roll!

Super Moderator
    Hey guys. Back from a whirlwhind trip to China, Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, and Taiwan. Talk about a trip that'll give you an idea of how lucky you have it! Beautiful countries, beautiful people, beautiful food, and tons of beer. Here's a shot from Ta Prohm:

Anyway, the real point of this thread is to let you know that The Tuniversity is back and ready to rock your Buell's FI system. As medical school starts for me, I'm going to be pulling back on the amount of custom tuning work I do, letting Marc take over Tuning Packages 2 and 3. Feedback on his involvement with the business so far has been nothing short of exceptional, and it's a real treat to have him on board. In short, you can be guaranteed that working with him carries the same quality of service that has come to be expected from The Tuniversity.

I will, however, still be handling all Webinars. I think a lot of people have a misconception that this component of our work is reserved for those with tuning experience. While it certainly helps to have knowledge of computers and a background in tuning, I've had great success working with both newcomers and experts in the Webinar. If you're short on cash and want to get introduced to the tuning process on the quick, then the service is a great option. Add in the $50 computer setup, which ensures that the software is properly configured and fully communicational with the bike, and it's almost as easy as having us tune the bike for you.

Come check out the website at www.thetuniversity.com and drop me a line with any questions, comments, or concerns. If you're interested in Tuning Packages 2 or 3, act fast, because Marc currently has two spaces available. Once they're full, we'll start building our Fall wait list. As always, there is never any wait for the Webinar.

is there a benefit of tuning an XB12R without an ectual intake or exhaust?

at MINIMUM, i would be interested in your tuning solutions once i have an exhaust in my hands...

Super Moderator
    That is a great question that gets asked a lot, Litos. I like to ask a question in return: are you happy with the performance and operation of your bike? If so, then if it ain't broke don't fix it. In my experience, however, even stock bikes with stock ECMs experience a number of the symptoms associated with improper fueling: flat spots in the powerband, stutters at speed, rough operation or surging, and so forth.

So long as you purchase a package that teaches you how to tune your own bike, then there's no reason not to get started now on a stock bike. You can always adjust for any modifications in the future.

Looking forward to working with you in the future!

I like to ask a question in return: are you happy with the performance and operation of your bike? If so, then if it ain't broke don't fix it.
    at first i was happy with it, but now i realize there may be a "hiccup" down low.

from my understanding, the ONLY mod on this bike when i gtot it at 1700 miles was the blue windscreen lol.

that said, after having it for almost 2 months, i have realized something: when the bike is idling, regardless if the bike is cold or when it's warm, if i blip the throttle to revv the bike as if i was going to show someone that it's truly in fact a HD engine, the RPMS either stay where they're at or the RPMS drop.

there is definitaley something choking the bike - but i'm not very knowledgable yet and i haven't researched enough to understand the dynamics of the bike, the motor, the stock tune or the stock intake assembly.

i already know you're going to tune my bike and i have already made up my mind that i wanted to have an exhaust sitting in my living room when i go to you, but something tells me you may be able to fix that choking before i go out and spend money that i don't have to.