Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: XT Suspension lift

Hi all,

I should be getting my '10 XT this week! I'm really stoked. There aren't a lot of Uly's available around me, so I wanted to jump on this opportunity. However, I would much rather have the stance and function of an X. I've searched and seen a lot of threads on lowering an X, but only a couple on lifting an XT. Would the suspension from an X work? Is this a generally pretty expensive process? I'm considering trying to find an X rider that wants to swap if that's a possibility :)

I would like to do more off-road work, not a ton, but enough to warrant more travel. I won't deny that I also prefer the aggressive aesthetic of the X a lot more.

Altering suspension preload doesn't seem wise, and though I can put an aftermarket exhaust on for more clearance, that won't help my travel.

I am almost 6'3", about 205lbs, and will do about 80/20 road/dirt.

Any options? Thanks!

i would love to have xt height on my x! where u from?

here's my 07 X. I'm about 5'7" 185 (pretty much too short for my bike even with the low seat). I've been slowly knockin out the mods i wanna do and pretty much down to lowering it a bit by installing XB12SS or XB12XT fork springs and rear springs.

I'm in Southern California, you anywhere near by? If the parts are interchangeable (and you're nearby), we could hook up and make a day out of performing surgery.

is your front fender on backwards?

The X and XT have different fork diameters, and hence also different sized triples (I think). The xt's are thinner than all of the rest of the xb's forks, including the X. I would love to do a swap as well, I like the idea of more travel too.

Perhaps of you exchanged the triples as well...

I'd read that as well, that the forks were both more stout and allowed longer travel on the X, so it'd have to be a pretty huge swap.

Has anyone done one of these fork swaps? Or know how I could see if the parts are even interchangeable?

The X and XT have different fork diameters, and hence also different sized triples (I think). The xt's are thinner than all of the rest of the xb's forks, including the X. I would love to do a swap as well, I like the idea of more travel too.

Perhaps of you exchanged the triples as well...
    the 07 and b4 X's have the same diameter forks as the XT and S SS Sx lightnings. 43mm the 08+ X's have 47mm forks. I am in Nebraska so looks like so parts swappin:(

Ah lame :\ So it sounds like I'll need to find someone with an X prior to 08 to get the fork? Or actually, at that point I could probably just swap springs huh?

I've been looking on the net for a place to buy a fork, but haven't found anything. There has to be someplace out there though, and good resources you guys might have?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast