Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: XB to CR

Well I rode an 1125r, and it was scary fast. Too much bike for me, thats for sure! It just didn't seem practical and just as pointless as a GSXR 1000 around town.

I have a XB12R and I am getting the 1125CR next weekend. I took one for a test ride and no hiccups in throttle and plenty of horse power. This bike is a tremendous improvement. Another reason I went with this bike is you don't see them all over the roads. Plus it has the same engine as the Aprilia with a larger displacement.

What exhaust options do they offer for the CR??

Any one know?

Remember the CR is geared lower than the R for more 'hooliganlike' (read wheelie prone) behavior.

I rode both the CR and the R back to back. I also Got to drive the CR with my wife on the back. Plenty of power even with both of us on it.

It has so much power, it was rediculous.

Too much bike for me. Other than that, couldn't relly disern a great difference between the 1125R and xb12r for seating position or geometry. As for the horsepower, 145 is too much for the street.

I'm going to stick with the XB12R.

power is all in the wrist, you would'nt know the 1125cr is a 146hp brahma bull on steroids laced with crack if you never cracked down on the throttle. its very subtle, if your smooth with your shifts. my only issue isn't so much a problem as it is something you have to get used to, once the engine is warm and running at higher rpms shifts up to 5th and 6th dont feel successful, the shifter doesnt have as much upwards travel and you dont hear the typical "clunk" as did in the previous 3 up-shifts. basically it feels like your already in 6th gear and are trying to shift to a non-existant 7th, but upon realeasing the clutch and glancing at the gear in dicator its obvious the the shift was successful. anyway ive had my 'cr since feb. and just broke 2000 miles, its an awesome bike, especially for the back-ass country roads around here.

Well I bought one and love it's wild ride and quick moves. I have owned Buells for a long time, Cyclones, X1's, XB's, and now 1125CR. I know that this is the last in the line up for now. But they said the same thing when the S1's came out. They are now the most sot after bikes around. The main differance I see is hight. Mine came with Clubmans, which I do not like, I'm 5'11" inches. I will change then with a set of the older Street Buell which will change the riding position to a more neutral on for me. Water cooled, new easy electronics & ECM, tunable suspension. Great bike!!!

hey just bought 1125cr but it wont be in until december
    does anyone have info on swapping tail section to a xb 12 s tail section?
    i like the shorter and higher look
    also going w remus pipe if anyone has opinion on that exhaust
    thanks!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123