Page 6 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: The unhijackable thread...

someone called Clarks Pest control

How rude, **** clark, and his pest control...

actually,i hear tell,he came across the blue ardvark(remember him fido)enough said:(

Lady Nancy Astor: Winston, if I were your wife, I would poison your tea.

Churchill: Madam, if I were your husband, I'd drink it.
    I loved dried squid when I was younger....been a while since I've had some.

MONKEY WRENCH!?

Anyone here actually practice a martial art?

I did Tae Kwon Do in grade school, I lost interest in it just before I got black belt because the place wasn't um, violent enough. They did the one on one stuff, but you could only barley connect and that's no way to get good at it.

I'm really interested in Hapkido. As near as I can tell it's one of the best out there because they don't train to block only their moves like so many other martial arts do. It also has an attack built into just about every counter so as soon as you block it puts you in control. I worked with a guy who was a monk for 12 years and has been learning and teaching Hapkido since he was 3 (he's now 39) The guy showed me a bunch of stuff but I never got good enough to use it, not even close. So when the money situation picks up that's what I'm gonna be doing. That or MMA/NHB kinda stuff, I loved that in the Army and excelled at it, top 10 in my battatlion.

I practice safe sex, 2 kids later and I'm starting to get the hang of it.

Army combatives is a joke really, I only learned one hip throw from aikido ( I found it online and practiced it on my friend for a couple days when I was about 15...) but it is far superior to what they teach you in army combatives. I admire MMA but the sad truth for me is that I enjoy hurting people way too much. I wouldn't trust myself to learn anything other than a purely defensive art *Aikido* until I've either matured a little or become better at controlling my sadistic side. I don't think I'll ever mature out of it so control is what I'm hoping to gain a glimmer of in learning Aikido. This is in no way meant to say that I'm the baddest mofo out there or that I can whip any and all of you guys. It's just straight like this. I enjoy fighting I always have, I find it entertaining and pleasurable to hurt the other person, as much as I can, in as little time as possible. I understand that this conflicts with the core beliefs of Aikido, I merely hope that in practicing Aikido I may be able to curb my sadistic tendencies.

Well knowing your not mature enough for it is pretty mature. So it sounds like your on your way. It sounds counterintuitive but the more you learn to hurt people the less you will be inclined to in the future, for most people, that may or may not be you. Yes Army combatives is a joke, it's got some good things in there but for the most part is garbage. We had a UFC guy come train us in a bunch of stuff, as well as a lot of guys in my unit who knew different kinds of fighting. So what we learned was a bastardization of most of the martial arts/combatives of the entire world. It turned out some damn good fightin bastards too.

Page 6 of 56 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast