Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ulysses offroad knobbies

WABDR and a 09 XB12X, here we come!!! Kenda K270 4.60/17 (approx 2" larger diameter than OEM) and we already know that a 150 rear can be made to fit. I'm using the Pirelli Scorpion Rally cause it cost less than the Kenda Big Block and Conti. It's was also made specifically for the big Dakar bikes. The Kenda was a slick fit (and only $55). I've test ran it across some ugly big and sharp rocks, at speed, and without a tube, it has held up perfect. No loss in air pressure. On 8/31/12 I'll be going with 2 BMW GS's and a 2011 KTM Adventure R on the WA state Back Country Discovery Route for a 600 mile offroad adventure from the Columbia River on the OR/WA border, north into BC, Canada. Not only is the Buell untested in this company but the other riders have over twice my age in dual sport experience while I come from sportbike street riding and occasional road course track days background. The bike and I will be performing a first for us both! I'm not a complete fool, I'll have the tools and parts to plug the tires as a tubeless and I'm bringing tubes also, for front and rear, just in case. I was extremely frustrated on the lack of current support for the Uly and offroad equipment. I hope this info will open the gates for more of you to use the Uly as the Adventure Bike it could be.

Looks like a serious adventure, your Uly looks ready for it. where in washington are you from?

This is super cool. One of these better make the Buell calendar if another is made this year.

These look Great...

Buell calender? Nice! Didn't know about that one, better pics to come. I'm from Battle Ground, WA.

Nice! How are those bark busters working out for you?

Just fine, I haven't tested them properly yet :D

Hey gsxr1k can you repost the original post again (text only), there's an ad blocking some of it that I can't read. Thanks. +1 on the awesome pics!

BTW mods or admin when will it not be an issue to have a post with pics and not cover up the text with an ad?

Original post:
    WABDR and a 09 XB12X, here we come!!! Kenda K270 4.60/17 (approx 2" larger diameter than OEM) and we already know that a 150 rear can be made to fit. I'm using the Pirelli Scorpion Rally cause it cost less than the Kenda Big Block and Conti. It's was also made specifically for the big Dakar bikes. The Kenda was a slick fit (and only $55). I've test ran it across some ugly big and sharp rocks, at speed, and without a tube, it has held up perfect. No loss in air pressure. On 8/31/12 I'll be going with 2 BMW GS's and a 2011 KTM Adventure R on the WA state Back Country Discovery Route for a 600 mile offroad adventure from the Columbia River on the OR/WA border, north into BC, Canada. Not only is the Buell untested in this company but the other riders have over twice my age in dual sport experience while I come from sportbike street riding and occasional road course track days background. The bike and I will be performing a first for us both! I'm not a complete fool, I'll have the tools and parts to plug the tires as a tubeless and I'm bringing tubes also, for front and rear, just in case. I was extremely frustrated on the lack of current support for the Uly and offroad equipment. I hope this info will open the gates for more of you to use the Uly as the Adventure Bike it could be.

Good luck and that looks great, I always wanted to get some knobbys for mine. So does yours have the better steering tree that turns more then my 2007 and I wish there was some options for gearing to. I figure your not going to be doing much single track or major hills with that, right. My other ride is a BMW G450X that I'm going to do a big woods right the end of Sept. Now I have 2 bikes that they don't make anymore..............ride safe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast