Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: White wire mod messed it up! I think?

Ok so I did that white wire mod on my 03 xb9sl. So it should work. I pulled the wire from the harness. I did a tps reset. Stupid me forgot to set it back to 0% before I reset it. I finally found 0 again. I reset it again and put it back to 5.5%. Now my bike is idling at around 800-950 for about 30 seconds then bogging down and dying. So naturally I replaced the wire and reset it again. Still the same thing. The only code I threw was the IAT sensor. But I rest the codes and it didn't come up again. So I don't know what's going on with it. I'm completely lost. Any help will be greatly appreciated! Also I have a broken exhaust stud. So I've got an exhaust leak at the head. I don't know if that has something to do with it. But I've got a gasket kit on the way so I'm gonna fix that next week. But other mods are:

Breather reroute
    Air box delete
    K&N filter
    D&D exhaust
    Race ECM

Also before I did this mod. The bike was running good except for the exhaust leak.

Thanks
    BuellSki

Inactive
    what white wire mod? to do tps reset running ecmspy bike should be warm...run diagnostics, back out adjustment screw till you see 0 on spy, then 2 additional turns, click on tab for tps reset, confirm with yes, reset tps to 0, then turn in screw till you see 5.1-5.5 i prefer 5.1. blip throttle a few times to confirm your setting and good to go. you did it in this order, correct? and what is your AFV value on diagnostics?

Don't pull the white wire out, just turn it off with ecmspy

Don't pull the white wire out, just turn it off with ecmspy
    I agree. And was it the correct white wire?

I'm pretty sure the white wire is disabled via ecmspy on the race ecm. So you did nothing.

^^
    On a true out-of the box "Race ECM", it IS disabled....I would think the ecmspy re-flash would be the same?! It sounds like SOMETHING else happened incidently when he did this...almost sounds like something with the TPS re-set, but I'm no expert!! :)

Yes. But in ECMspy I don't have the option. I see the box but it's grey and I can't turn anything off or on. Do you think the exhaust leak has anything to do with it?

BuellSki

In my ecmspy, I flashed the race maps to my ecm, and it had the white wire box disabled (not greyed out like you're saying).

Are you in "professional mode" in ecmspy? That may be why...

You need to do a Learn-in ride. Take a nice long steady cruise @ a steady RPM. (Assuming you had the right wire & a good TPS reset.)

IF you had the leak before you did this, No..I don't think that it is it. A leak COULD cause the o2 sensor to read an inaccurate AFR, but I don't THINK it would cause your issue.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast