Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Knowing and KNOWING

Now, I know I need a new rear tire, but after my commute in a light downpour, I KNOW I need a rear tire.

I had a slight slip as I made a right turn and thought nothing of it, but then....

The stoplight turned green and as I let out the clutch the back tire suddenly wanted to trade places with the front! Sketchy! A true pucker moment!

I currently have the Pirelli Diablos and was thinking to go to a 190/50...sooner than later

Hi Jamal!
    There are various posts on here about changing profiles on the tires....The consensus is, (and personally), I'd stick with the 180/55 rear. Tire preferrences are like oil...everyone has their own. For what its worth...I run Pirelli Scorpion Syncs...They are a great all around tire. They also get great reviews at Motorcycle Suoerstore's review page. Thet are nearly impossible to beat on price too! (Motorcycle Superstore I mean!). :)

I like my 190's they're conti motions I believe though

Â* Â*There are various posts on here about changing profiles on the tires....The consensus is, (and personally), I'd stick with the 180/55 rear. Tire preferrences are like oil...everyone has their own. For what its worth...I run Pirelli Scorpion Syncs...They are a great all around tire. They also get great reviews at Motorcycle Suoerstore's review page. Thet are nearly impossible to beat on price too! (Motorcycle Superstore I mean!).
    agreed.. everyone has there own pref on tires... motorcycle superstore def has some good prices. just start reading the reviews and pick one... for me it was a trial and error until i was happy with a good all around tire

Not a good feeling almost going down. My tires are shot and I got squirrely in a corner last time I rode, was riding easy too, on dry pavement. I personally am sticking with stock size.

I'm thinking stock as my first choice. I think I've got the stock Diablos on it now, so I'll prob go back to those, but I've heard good things about the syncs also

Michelin I've got Metzelers on mine now and they are OK but I prefer the Michelins

I bought michelens as my replacements. Haven't put them on yet.

Tomahawk makes good cheap tires. Very limited choices though.

Which Michelins did you get snrusnak? I've never tried the Tomahawks though people have said good things about them on this site.

I also think a lot depends on how you ride and the roads you ride on.

A true pucker moment!
    lmfao! glad u didnt dump it

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast