Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Knowing and KNOWING

I have no chicken strips on my scorps!! :)
    I'm not comfortable leaning over

I'm sure there are multiple tires with different compounds... I just know they are noticeably harder than the Tomahawks I used to use. I never one felt like I was going to lose traction with those, never really got squirrely on dry pavement. These pirreli's it's happened at least a handful of times and I'm riding easier, on a lighter, more capable bike.

Well that's another thing is that these tires are shot, so that doesn't help.

Well Sean...I CAN'T deny that when the Scorps get close to the TWI, they take on a WHOLE different feel!! Hard on the rear brake or aggressive downshifting, turns it into a flat tracker!! But up to that point, I,ve been VERY impressed with how they work ALL AROUND! There ARE better for different,specialized situations I'm sure, but for wet or dry, hi-way or back roads, I feel good with them. Like I said at the beginning of the post...it all depends on personal prefference, riding styles, etc.!! :D

One of the biggest surprises I found when I came to these types of bikes is that there is very little rubber left on the tires once you reach the wear bars.

I don't go that close anymore.

yep different strokes for different folks, for sure! I'm just comparing them to a very sticky tire....not saying they are bad.

200 fits perfect and looks the same! 07 bolt.

BuellyBagger, I had to put the foot down dirt track style
    been there, back in the day did that on my raked out '75 sportster when i was in sturgis. turns out a 15 year old dunlop doesnt like to run on the edges.

As far as suggesting new tires, i'm runnin Pirelli Angel ST's. I like the rode feel and traction better than the original scorpions. They are not as good on gravel as my scorpions were. I would bet good money there are much much better tires out there than both of em. I'm hopin the angels wear longer than my scorpions. If u do alot of serious carving i think they'd both be to hard of a compound for u. I guess i can only comment on the tires i've ran neway and other than those my Cyclone M@ was fitted with Dunlop Sportmax which were so/so, i never had traction loss but it was my first sport bike and i dont think i rode it as hard as i ride my ULY.

I have a 190 rear on my bike. I love it. But I'm running Michelin pilot road 3's. They are the same as the 2ct. But with different better tread for wet roads. I love those tires! I will buy them again

OldGezer, what type of Metzelers are you running?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast