Thread: Burning maps?

Okay, I think I have ecmspy working, my question is this. Can I simply burn a new race map onto my existing standard ecm? I have an 07 xb12stt

There is a little more to it than just "burning" the map.

Welcome to the forum also.

We have a search button ^^^^^^ up there. The reason I point this out is because theres a lot and I mean a lot of post on this same question that have been answered by more experienced tuners than myself.

Also if you want to get a more professional opinion get with the octopus over at the Tuniversity>>>>>>

Also you can search google Google

This is not to beat you down, but to show you some easier ways to get around on the forum.

Again welcome and have fun.

Inactive
    There is a little more to it than just "burning" the map
    well said and don't start dicking around with ecmspy and your bike's computer unless you know what you're doing or have assistance from someone who does. many an ecm have been destroyed and "dumpster destined" by owners with good intentions and no knowledge. i'm not being critical of you son...just trying to save you money and aggravation.

1: Open your Stock EEPROM with ECMSpy in one window so you can see your Map/Timing Values.

2: Open the Maps you want on your ECM in another ECMspy window. (Much safer this way than trying to flash the entire EEPROM).

3: Highlight all of the rear cylinder fuel values for the Jardine map. Press (Ctrl + c) on the keyboard. Then paste them (Ctrl + v) into the the rear fuel map on your Stock EEPROM. Repeat for the front Fuel map. (If all your seeing is the graph just uncheck the checkbox in the upper right corner that says "3D map view.")

4: Copy the Front and Rear timing maps using the same method as the fuel maps.

5: Compare the two maps to make sure that everything copied over ok.

6: Close the ecmspy window that contains the maps you wanted on your bike.

7: Go to your EEPROM window and Click "Burn Maps" and follow the on screen directions.