Thread: ECMSpy '07 CityX

So, I'm following GatorBuell's awesome write up on ECMSpy and Megalog to the "T" and so far so good. Well...lets say this, I was successful at doing a TPS/AFV reset and burning a map I found on Buellmods for the 07 xb9 with jardine can. It did exactly what it claimed by nearly ridding the bike of all decel popping and completely waking this sucker up...wow!! i also "burned" the white wire mod in as well.

Now...I wanted to try my hand at datalogging and building myself a custom map. I want to do this, because I like to tinker and I'd like to know that the bike is running stoichiometric. I figured I would start with the user-created map I picked up from buellmods, since it got the bike running really good again.

So after running the bike for about 30 minutes with varying throttle/RPM/gear positions throughout the ride, I logged for the first time!!!

Soon as I get the bike in my garage, I pulled up Gatorbuell's write up and immediately went to town with the new data. I followed all the steps, ran VE Analyze in MLV and even changed the red values back to original (since it's the first log). I saved, opened ECMSpy, fetched the bikes eeprom, opened the newly revised fuel maps, copied the rear cylinder and pasted over the front cylinder and bumped the entire map up by 2. Saved the map once more and burned....the bike fired up just fine, but it sounded a little different at idle. It's about this time, that I realize the AFV had dropped to 86% from this once datalog ride.

Now, my questions:

- Before I move to the next step, according to GatorBuell's write-up, by locking the AFV at 100% and preventing closed-loop learning...
    Can I, and should I, reset the AFV to 100% without doing another TPS reset?

- Matter of fact, can I do this every time I have ECMSpy up and running for safe measure?

- Should I have logged with the factory fuel maps from the get-go?

I feel like it's not going like the write-up, because when I ran VE Analyze, I had a good 25% of my map go red. Like the forum said, I put them all back to original value and left the rest.

-How often should I do that before I let the red values do their thing and stop worrying about them?

Another thing I was thinking....since VE Analyze made A LOT of changes to that "custom" XB9 Jardine map, and most of them were adding fuel, it would be a safe assumption to say that if I would've reset the AFV prior to starting the bike with the newly revised maps, it might have idled better. I'm still learning all of this. I think I may go try this.

For the time being, I reburned the original "custom" map as it ran better than original. But knowing that VE Analyze made so MANY changes, I know it's not running like it should. When I get a break in the weather, I'll be logging alot more!!

Inactive
    huh? :D

:p ok, long story aside...when first starting out with data logging, should you begin with factory fuel maps? Or does it even matter?

Reason I'm asking asking is, I found a map on Buellmods that I like, but the A/F ratio isn't quite where I want it. So I thought maybe I could further develop the map going this route.

Secondly, can I reset AFV to 100 whenever I want to?

I tend to think faster than I type, my bad.