Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Noob advice needed

Honestly 4k would be an ok price for either. Mileage doesn't really matter with these bikes as long as they were maintained well. Bothe seem to be in good condition.

Im 5'7 and don't have a problem on a full size buell. Uli's excluded. So i don't think you'll have a problem if you cant find a Low model

Inactive
    ahhhhh....the kawi triple. you sir need to experience the H2 widow-maker just 1X before pass away. dear Lord. i'm 58 and one of my buells is a 2007 XB9 cityX. they're great bikes, bomb-proof if ridden sensibly, and quite a few 9's listed on CL in southern PA and MD area. try CL searchtempest.

Thanks.

Lunaticfringe--Back 30 years or so ago I had a worked 500 triple--ported, polished, carb work, expansion chambers. It was faster than my friend's Kawi Z1, which I think was the faster bike you could buy at the time, up to about 95--then he'd start to come even and walk away. My 500 had a powerband somewhere between a 125 and 250 MX bike. Kinda' like a switch, but you could feel it coming. I'm pretty sure she would've taken a stock 750 triple. Long time ago, in a land far away...

I have a 400 triple now. I was looking for something decent, and this thing popped up a few miles away. Couldn't resist, but she does ride and handle like a bike designed 40 years ago to be cheap. Time to enter the new millenium bike-wise.

I have an '03 XB9SL turned S...50k plus, original belt, have had a couple of issues, all minor thus far. Have dye penned the side stand bolt for cracks, found nothing to worry about, yet I do have the upgraded pin on hand just in case. No issues with the switch as mention before. In the process of replacing the idler pulley due to some damage from unknown cause, also replacing the cooling fan that stopped working earlier this week. If one stays on top of the maintenance, she'll go the distance. I had narrowed my choice down to a Monster and the Lightning before pulling the trigger. The Buell was my first stop on the way to checking 'em both out, well the Duc never had a chance :D Rode the Buell for a couple of miles and turned around, headed back to shake on the deal. The decision was made when I cracked the throttle :D:D:D Absolutely no regrets with my choice...good luck to you with your decision.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12