Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Very Confusing Issue

Nice Jaimz,

I just ordered a whole new deutch connector and pins. I'm going to move the ecm and velcro it beneath the battery. Hopefully it cuts down on vibration. And the low custom gel seat from interferring w wiring. I don't want to destroy the new ecm. The fuel pump is connected to the black terminal and the grey terminal(sensor terminal) was causing it to kick on and off. So that to me is even more proof there was a bad short wthin the ecm.
    Hopefully get it back this week. It shud have arrived in East Troy today.

And ya working on it has been totally rewarding. I fixed the low fuel wire. Cleaned the throttle body. Set the timing properly. Set and replaced the TPS. Corrected some wiring issues. And found out I have a lot of loose bolts I need to take it back to shop to have them torque it down since they are the ones who rebuilt it. No clue how many thousands of dollars the shop would have charged for all that. I doubt they wud have even found half of it.

They don't nessecarly care as much as you do!

Most shops always have loose bolts. You can always borrow a torque wrench from an autozone or advance auto... Places like that. They require a deposit, but you get it back.

Oh yeah good idea.. I was kinda thinking they should do it though because if anything happens.. they should see what they did. I literally had oil leaking out the side of the allen screws on the crankcase cover. The primary is also leaking. Not sure if rebuilding always ends up w/ loose bolts but there sure are a lot of them. I just want to give them the opportunity to make sure they have it right. The owner might not be aware how careless his worker is yet.

very true, they might not know. lol but i know that 80% of the time someone will say something like "take it to a shop, and then tighten every bolt they touched"

I'm not saying you shouldn't talk to the shop to have them tighten it up (if they will) I'm just saying for future reference you can get a torque wrench and do it yourself. the workshop manual has all the torque specs.

Ya ill def be re checking them. Hopefully won't ever need them again. Just found the hole the clutch cable was supposed to run through they didn't use. I was wondering why my clutch seemed so short and in the way all the time.

it was bad ecm, popped in ebr ecm and it runs amazingly better. no issues. the shop that rebuilt it also took it bac today to make sure all thier bolts are tight.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456