Thread: XB12Scg VS XB12Ss

hey all,

any of you buellers ridden both?

which handles the best in your eyes?

I am 80 kilograms / 176 lbs give or take a couple :p
    and about 180 cm 5,11 / 6ft looking to buy a xb12s soon
    just curious...

cheers

The XB12Scg is too small of a bike for you. A regular XB12S or Ss would be best. I think you should go with the regular S. Too bad they don't make it anymore

What would be the cut off for the size? I've always wondered which would fit me best. I'm 5'9" 140lbs.

Personally, at 5'10" - 160lbs. on my S, I just can stand flat footed on the bike, and I do mean just. The Scg is a full 2" lower in seat height than the Ss. Had I had the opportunity, I wouldve liked to have rode an Scg just to feel the difference.

I am 5'8" 185lbs...

I was able to test ride the Scg but I've only sat on the Ss. In this case I won't be able to give an opinion on ride comparison between the two but in just sitting on the two bikes it set a clear indication that a person of my size is much more suited for the Scg model. I'm flat footed and more comfortable on the Scg than the Ss and the seat feels much more fitted for me than the Ss. I have a friend that went with me during the test ride and he is a few inches taller maybe 5'11" 200lbs and he had felt the bike a little to cramped for his liking, and was much more comfortable just sitting on the Ss. I hope this helps.

meetch

cheers guys!

I'm 160lbs and 6' and my Scg is pretty gat dern comfy for me, i would say i have about average leg length to boot.

Hi everyone! This is my first post, my name is PipĆ³ and I'm from Portugal. I'm really interested on this topic and need your opinion. I just sold my v-rod and I'm going to buy a Xb12ss or scg.. I've just test drived the SS and really loved it but I just think it's a little to high.. I'm 1,87m and 80kgs.. I would love to try the SCG but unfortunately in my country they sell fewer buells and the dealer here won't have an scg..just if you buy it..=(.. I don't know what to do..If I'll buy the SS ( that I've tried already but I feel to high with my feet on the ground ) or if I'll buy an SCG that I like on the photos because it looks so agressive on the riding position.. ( with the risk of not trying and seating on it ).. Please help me..thank you so much..

I don't know what to do..If I'll buy the SS ( that I've tried already but I feel to high with my feet on the ground )
    I am 5'10" and 190lbs...I have an Ss and its fine for me. I like the added length for riding with a passenger. Also you can get a different seat that will lower you about 1-1.5" OR you can be cheap like me and shave your stock seat down

Hello mrdozer2you! Thanks for the reply. Yes I've never thought of that idea..getting the SS and shaving or changing the seat would be great..Thanks!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast