Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: xb12r fuel pump replacement

Was justt wondering if anyone out there has replaced the fuel pump on their xb12r? Mine recently stopped working and the dealer gave me a quote of 500 just in labor so ill be doing it myself. Was mainly wondering if its really necessary to pull the swing arm? Any help would be great. Thanks

Come on guys, some one out here must have done one or know some one who has

Here you go - there are plenty of threads on the topic but this is one that I have linked off my profile.

http://www.buellxb.com/Buell-XB-Foru...-Does-Not-Work

On a Uly you can definitely get it out without removing the swingarm but I would recommend suspending the rear from above rather than taking a risk with stands. I managed to do it but it was not stable and I wouldn't do it that way again.

If it is the pump itself that is bad and you have a pre '08 EB then the original pump is a Walbro 521 that is readily available in the US and there are several equivalents.

thanks, appreciate it. i searched a couple times and nothing relevant seemed to come up

I think there is a post somewhere with pictures but... No you do not have to pull the swingarm.
    You will have to remove the bottom shock bolt to drop the swingarm lower to give you more room to pull the fuel pump.

Here you go - I pulled the pump on my '09 XT today. You can see I have the rear wheel removed and the lower shock bolt removed.

Yes, I know it's filthy. :)

Yeah, but the XT has more room between the swingarm and frame than the S's right ?? Anyone here who ACTUALLY have swapped out the fuelpump on a S ?? I PM'd a guy on badweb and he said he had to pull the swingarm pivot-bolt and lower the swingarm a tad. Just wondering since i'm getting ready to replace the fuelpump on my 08 Scg. Don't want to remove anymore than what is needed. Sorry 'bout the, almost, necro bump........

I've done my XB9S and if you remove the shock and wheel and suspend the bike from the seat rails you can push the swingarm down far enough that it hits the stock exhaust and the fuel pump assembly will just clear the swingarm. If you want more room you can remove the muffler but it is not nessesary. Also you can find the fuel pump from autozone the part number is around the boards somewhere. Also check your wiring as that is a common failure and what was actually wrong with mine. Everything on the assembly has a part # but the pump so you don't have to fork out the 300 for the assembly. I'd put a new filter on there too.

if you want a new pump or a pump and assembly let me know, it's an easy replacement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast