Thread: '09 XB12X Uly for Sale - Southern California

My brother in law needed a great transportation bike with good mileage, good power, supreme comfort and excellent "visibility" in SoCal/Orange County traffic. I, of course, recommended a Uly. And he bought one... but at 5'9", he's struggling a bit with the height, and he can't come to terms with it.

So, we're selling his Uly. This is a nice, clean example with just over 8k miles. The bike has been serviced exclusively at Glendale Harley Davidson (where it was purchased new), and needs nothing--everything works as it should.

Good:
    Well, its an '09 Uly! It has the superb newer 47mm forks, remote preload adjustable rear shock, an excellent perch, the improved crank and bearings, improved ECM/fueling, "blacked-out" Thunderstorm 1203cc engine, etc. It features heated grips, superb ground clearance, excellent handling, etc. It is currently shod with like new (less than 500 miles) Michelin Pilot 2CT's, and has just been serviced (oil change, Buell filter, etc.) by the dealer. The headlights have been replaced with an HID system for excellent night time visibility. The bike has never been down or crashed--it is a clean, zero rust and corrosion Southern California bike hat still rides like a new bike.

Not so Good: The PO went a little ape-sh*t with reflective tape. It's on the swingarm, subframe rails, and the forward part of the frame. You may not mind so much, but if you do, it can easily be removed (well, with a little elbow grease, anyway...). The PO also "de-badged" the bike, so all of the Uly and Buell stickers were removed. I understand that these can still be purchased from HD, American Superbike, and a number of other sources.

The very cool rear pivoting backrest/top case holder thing also has a couple extra holes where a top case was mounted. The top case can be included, but it is a very inexpensive model barely worthy of the "farkle" moniker. It works and is keyed--the purchaser is welcome to it if he wants it.

So, the bike is a sweet running tourer, commuter, adventure, or whatever-you-want-it-to-be bike. It is tall, so the short of inseam would have to source the "low" seat, or just ride it... :D

I can pick you up from any of the local airports, or my brother in law can meet you within reason for the sale. The bike will get you home--I would not hesitate to ride it anywhere in the country if I had the time... We would also do anything to assist with shipping. The title is a clean, clear California title.

Motivated seller: $6,000. I don't think he's looking for any trades, but I would forward any trade offers sent by PM.

Thanks.

P.S. He's open to trades for an '09 Lightning or SS

If he likes the bike it can be lowered 1" with an XT shock & forks http://ausbuells.informe.com/forum/u...r%20x&start=30

He's stuck on a more sport-oriented bike. Come get it for $5,700... That's a great price for a clean '09 Uly that still runs like new! Shipping is also very inexpensive right now (I just paid $325 to have my '08 Uly shipped to me from Denver...). Or better yet, fly in and ride it home. :D.

How do you think this bike would do for a female? I live in California and my husband and I are looking for a couple of bikes. I like this bike and its in my price range. Let me know

The bike (like all XB's) is a great, easy bike to ride. The only issue I can see is the height--if you are a shorter female without a lot of motorcycling experience, I'd say it's a bit too tall. If you're like some firebrand female pilots I know, it's a piece of cake... My brother in law, on the other hand, is more like the former... ;)

$5,500 ...for a clean, '09 Uly...

Guys, we need to sell this. New price: $5,200.