oop, season, quickly, riding, plugs, thoughts, normal, disgusting, cables, checked, cleaned, surging, sense, modulating, missing, makes, sensor, installed, questions, bucking, times, replacing, position, testing, recommends, firing" /> trouble code and power bucking problem questions. - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: trouble code and power bucking problem questions.

Idling at 2k is usually a problem with the tps. So once the cable comes in. Make sure you follow the reset procedures very well so that it's reset to true zero then adjust it properly. Should fix that 2k problem. As for why it happened after the spark plug change, not positive, could have been bad plugs and so it wasn't showing up or the idle cable was bumped.

That makes sense.

Thanks.

download a service manual and run the diagnostics for trouble code 11. Follow the flow charts in the manual, it will usually point u in the right direction.

And u CAN adjust idle speed without ecmspy, that cable isnt ne amazing electro mechanical idle majigar. Its just a cable that goes to a screw(that u would be able to reach without the cable hooked to it) that sets how far the the throttle plate stays open when i let off the throttle. If u take ur side scoop off u can look up between the frame and then engine and see the end of the cable and the screw that moves the throttle linkage.

Yes, you can move the cable adjustment all you want, but it is read by a sensor, so good luck setting that correctly as you have no idea what position the tps is at.

I Just got another induction module delivered so i can more easily see how it all works. I'm wondering what the little air intake on the top of the intake is for?

it's not hooked up to anything on my bike but i have seen it capped off in pics of other bikes online.

Regarding the error code 11, it's for the TPS which i will try to reset before replacing it with the one i just got, or anything more drastic...

Ben

Yes, you can move the cable adjustment all you want, but it is read by a sensor, so good luck setting that correctly as you have no idea what position the tps is at.
    right, but this is only important when doing a TPS reset, to make sure its zeroed and that u dont set it excessivley high after the reset for start up.

according to the buell service manual, if u can not find ne faults in the wiring to and from the tps and no faults with the operation of the TPS (so if u have a smooth transition of resistance in the sensor) and the problem is intermetent than the ECM should be replaced. so check for 5v reference voltage coming to the sensor and "wiggle test" the wiring harness. check for resistance in the ground and resistance in the signal wire that goes to the ecm from the TPS. if that all checks out and the TPS checks out, u might have a cooked ECM, but be very sure u've properly check every other part of the TPS circuit b4 dropping the money on an ECM.

I had the same bucking and stalling and occasional CEL issue, and it came back 150 miles after replacing the TPS (figured that would be the easiest fix) but after check all the wiring (finding no faults) and wasting $94 on the 2007-up tps (different than the 06 and below which can be bought @ ur local parts store) i came to the conclusion that the ECM must be bricked (with the help of the service manual). One new EBR ECM later and no more probs.

My bike won't hold a charge now either. Awesome.

I charged it from low power, (2A 24hrs). It's dead the next day.

The neutral position sensor isn't working, should i disconnect the cable for now? (new one on order) and would that matter?

Thanks again,
    Ben

u have a short somewhere i bet

I'll grab my multimeter - which page in the service manual should i turn to? Any usual culprits you would recommend i check first?

Ben

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast