Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Custom Buell Dash/speedo lights leds

Does anybody know of a person that customizes the light setup in the speedo? For my Gsxr I had the speedo lit up with blue led which are very bright and clean looking. I was looking to get my buell speedo done up with either a blue background or a white background. Unfortunately the person that modified my gsxr speedo is getting married and does not have the time to be modding speedo lights at the moment or near future. Also wondering if anyone has had theirs modified, if so, pics!

I've got a few from xbdashboards.com, a sponsor here. i also got some blue leds from ebay for the speedo lights. leds are T3 neo wedge, you need 3 for the dash lights (you don't want to mess with the other bulbs, neutral light, highbeam indicator etc.)

Crappy dark shot...

i also have a few more to change out once in a while...

When back lit at night, this one has a couple of "james bond" looking chicks silhouetted in the background...

I'm actually ordering a xbdashboard but I will not get it for a while because it is a custom order. How hard is it to change out the leds for the backlight? I just do not want to destroy my speedo going into it thinking it's an easy job because it seems like it would be a delicate procedure.
    Does the night vision aspect of the xbdashboard work with the new leds? would it work with white leds?

very easy. When you change out your faceplate, you will be able to do the bulbs at the same time. not hard at all.

Did mine this summer and absolutely love it. Only complaint is the clock is difficult to see at night as the blue LEDs don't do anything for an LCD display.

Raz

dang so there is now way to get the clock lit up then is there?

Don't get me wrong, it does lite it up. it's just that the blue does not make it "pop" so it is easy to read. The fact that I'm old and my eyes aren't what they used to be could be a large part of it.;)
    Raz

Haha alright, I'm thinking on using a white led set up so that might help too, I'm just worried that white will negate the night vision aspect of the xbdashboard.

I haven't experimented with my buell's display - however several years ago I did alter the led back-lighting for the orange clocks in the '03 Hyundai Tiburons (made them blue,pink,green, and white along with the LCD still being readable). I was the only person doing this for a couple of years back then, I might try finding a spare cluster for the buell so I can modify the clock, these days the cost of led's and circuit boards is pretty low, so there might be a quick simple fix for the clock issue, might be, like I said I haven't taken the cluster apart and looked. I am considering ordering a custom cluster backing/dash from xddashboard though...

Looks Bad ass Raz. Isn't that the dash you picked up at the Dragon V.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast