Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Custom Buell Dash/speedo lights leds

I haven't experimented with my buell's display - however several years ago I did alter the led back-lighting for the orange clocks in the '03 Hyundai Tiburons (made them blue,pink,green, and white along with the LCD still being readable). I was the only person doing this for a couple of years back then, I might try finding a spare cluster for the buell so I can modify the clock, these days the cost of led's and circuit boards is pretty low, so there might be a quick simple fix for the clock issue, might be, like I said I haven't taken the cluster apart and looked. I am considering ordering a custom cluster backing/dash from xddashboard though...
    Let me know how that goes if you do decide to try and light the clock up, I will be taking my cluster apart soon and if I see way of lighting up the clock I will post here, if anyone else knows how to get the clock light on with LEDS please jump on in and help out the rest of us.

"Looks Bad ass Raz. Isn't that the dash you picked up at the Dragon V. "

Why yes Joe it is. I am very pleased with how it looks.:D
    Raz

My arduino project I started working on a few months back is capable of using a full customizable LED touch screen that can replace the enire instrument cluster. I havent had the time to start coding the LCD screen to do it yet, but the arduino has all of the information from the ECM that it needs.

I'm looking to do maybe a purple and white led's on my bike here pretty soon after I get my new dash in. I work on electronics for my MOS so replacing LED seems simple enough. I'm going to see if it is possible to place an LED closer to the clock and see if that helps. Haven't taken apart my dash yet so not sure how easy placeing another LED (extra) will work.

There is a video on YouTube on how to change out LED lights on XB dash boards as well. I don't recall the name of the video but I'm sure it will be easy enough to find.

There is a video on YouTube on how to change out LED lights on XB dash boards as well. I don't recall the name of the video but I'm sure it will be easy enough to find.
    video

You need 3 LED's, buy the SMD ones size T-1 or NEO3 here. They are plug and play not like the video, they are lower profile and brighter too! I did mine the other day in amber here.

My arduino project I started working on a few months back is capable of using a full customizable LED touch screen that can replace the enire instrument cluster. I havent had the time to start coding the LCD screen to do it yet, but the arduino has all of the information from the ECM that it needs.
    Do you sell these or have a link for more info on this product?

Thanks lowkey for the advice on them led's. Now I just got to wait for it all to come in the mail then I ll post some pics after its all together

On account of LED show boards, the size of the screen is for the most part over that of a conventional 80″ LED board and even at this size the pixel pitch would should be genuinely low. It is not necessarily the case that an immediate view LED screen must have a comparative goals to a conventional TV screen on the grounds that immediate view LED conveys an alternate sort of picture.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast