Hello,
I need some advice. Please help. I have a 2009 1125cr with a 2010 engine. I bought it used with 14k miles. Now it has 21k. I was riding the other day and the speedometer display light turned off and it read “system voltage”. As I was getting home, the light turned back on right before I turned off the bike. The next day I fired it up and everything was working so I took it to work. On my way back, in the middle of my ride, the light turned off again and it read the same thing, “system voltage”. Right before I got home I noticed the fans were not working and that it started overheating. It was at 225 degrees with 13.5 volts. I turned it off and parked it and noticed this burnt scent coming from the bike. There was no smoke. I am not sure what the problem is. Any suggestions? I know the previous owner changed the stator and the voltage regulator last year while it was still under warranty because he was having issues with the battery charging and I’m not sure if they need to be replaced again. If it does, which one should I get? I don’t want this to happen again and these things are pretty expensive. Does anybody know a good mechanic around Orange County California? The dealer charges way too much but I might need to go that route if I can’t find an experienced Buell mechanic. Your input and advice in this matter will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.