Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Yet another Jardine exhaust thread

I went from stock to Jardine on my 12SS a few years ago. I found it way to loud to start and I really lost a lot of bottom end compared to the stock pipe. The exhaust valve really makes a differece on the low end. Went back to stock for a while and really liked the bike again with the bottom end back. Then went to the Hawk. Nice deep thump and no noticable loss in bottom end power and a big inprovment in the top end. The real improvment came when I but a EBR ECM tuned for the the Hawk. Bike runs flawlessly now. If you keep the Jardine I would higly reccomend the ECM change. You will have a new bike.

Thankfully I dont have to worry about the exhaust valve since my bike is an xb9. If I did have a 12 I wouldn't have gone with the Jardine. I have been talking to EBR but they don't currently have a race ecm for the DDFI3 injected bikes. So im going to eventually learn how to use ecm spy and go that route I think.

have been talking to EBR but they don't currently have a race ecm for the DDFI3 injected bikes. So im going to eventually learn how to use ecm spy and go that route I think.
    you and me both, I bought the cable but thats as far as I got......think I might have to give the tuniversity a call and just get it done.

oh yeah, I just bought some silent sport exhaust packing material off ebay. I got 2 450g bags shipped to me for like $36.00. Wel'll see what this stuff does to the sound....I have a 2009 xb9sx with a carbon fiber Jardine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky5d...k&feature=plcp

My dyno session. XB12 Jardine Slip on and ECM

Buell XB12Ss Lightning Long:
    -Jardine carbon fiber slip on
    -EBR ECM
    -K&N air filter
    -Ceramic coated headers
    -Amsoil engine and primary
    -NGK Iridiums
    -Catch Can
    91whp no torque figures available
    Baseline numbers?

And is that in the guy's basement? Looked like a basement type window for some reason to me. I need to get one of those for my garage but the neighbors would hate me for sure.

^i dunno, Dean--you might need to find a DX486 running Windows 95 too... Lol! J/k!!! :D

I can probably run it on my HP LT6000r U3 rackmount server.

Looks just like this but all the drive bays are full. Back in the day (when this was brand new) it was a $32k server unit. Pretty sure it'd be up to running the dynojet software. I use it as a oversized paperweight for now, it's 142 lbs as it sits.

I don't have any baseline #'s unfortunately. But the tech said that it could be leaned back about 2%. From what I understand I may have an older ECM program for this set-up and that EBR has since released an updated ECU. He said the power delivery was extremely linear but dropped off on the 2nd run by about 2 hp when the bike got hot. I'm currently trying to contact EBR to see if I can get an update or a tweak.

Yea lol this guy's facility is crude but it got the job done. He mostly deals with Ducati's but he himself owned a Cyclone which he just sold. He told me that he was approached by EBR to become a dealer for his new bikes.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast