Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 08 XB12R - $6500 or TRADE

Yeah Lightning tail is great but unless you can shell out the cash to do it correct and with Newer parts you will run into the issues I did with my swap! My bike hasnt been on the road in over a year and now that it's back together I gotta replace the fuel pump (Un-related issue) however the tail swap was the best thing I ever did for the looks and ride of my bolt!!! I have the Heli-Bar (No longer made and high dollar if you find it) Upper tripple tree on mine and it sits you up higher and farther back, which doesnt work good for taller riders like myself!

(I'm going for less stress on my wrists)
    Do the front swap. Your reason was the exact same as mine was and the reason for my change. I went from a full Firebolt and swapped to a Lightning body (still retained the R harness) with stock Lightning bars. I soon figured out that the stock bars While sitting me up more and taking the pressue off my wrist now put my wrist in a position that agrivated my Tunnel Carpal. I swapped the stock Bars to a semi agressive Renthal Ultra Low bar and it was like a whole new bike. There was no Presure on my wrist and the Down angle/pull back on the bars releaved the numb feeling in my right hand. As of Now Im using CR Clubman bars. Some will argue that im back to where I started, But thats not the case. Even Though Im back to my aggressive seating position the CR Clubman bars are a diffrent pull back and down angle than the stock Firebolt.......Thus making me and my wrist very happy.

Few pics of my bike and its transormation over the last couple of years.......

Day I bought it.

Color change

Body swap progress...

After swap with stock bars

Rental Ultra Low bars.....notice they are slightly lower and not pulled bac as far on the ends

CR Clubman bars...
    Palces you just a bit further fowards than the Firebolt but the egros on the wrist are way better.

I know its alot of pics.....im just trying to show as best I can the diffrent changes I went through. As my bike sits now Im Happy.

Thanks for all the help guys!

I now have a better idea on what options I have. I will prob swap the bars first and see what that does for me. I won't be doing the major swap until I move to my new place, so I have some time to think it over. I'll prob be back once I get to that point! :)

Cool photoshops, I cant even use MS paint.

I still vote Front swap. But which ever you prefer is the determining factor. I think the lightning front offers alot more styles of posture/grip when it comes to bars as freak was saying above.

good luck.

Here are my last 2 XBs with the Sub-frame spacers. Those looks awesome!!

:)

I recommend you just the front swap and the rear low suspension. It will give you more handle.
    Thanks,
    :)

posted this and got a couple of bites...then nothing but crickets...front end swap so now I'm getting the parts to do the swap

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234