Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Opinions in this Buell

That Netty guy is a FREAKIN genious! He hit the nail on the head with what he said. Buy that man a beer!!!!! :)

If you have $3K to spend, buy this one and ship it! It is in Billings MT.

http://billings.craigslist.org/mcy/3293921122.html

Wall and Netty - I understand, and completely agree with both of you on keeping the values high. What I don't understand is why you are addressing that here. If the bike was in good condition, it would be well warranted to argue that this bike would be worth more. However, in this case, it's a wrecked bike, and it's worth wrecked bike prices.

The OP posted a bike, and asked for the advice of current owners about this bike. A bike with substantial frame damage, and almost certainly damage to the swingarm. I know I don't have the experience some of you have, but I've owned 3 Buell's now - a 2005 XB9R, a 2002 M2 Cyclone, and 2010 XB12R (Currently own the M2 and XB12R). I know a little bit about the bikes and what they are worth in what condition. This bike is not worth the asking price, in the condition the bike is in, period.

Just like what Zeroflat24 said: "Just because it's a Buell doesn't mean too not look at the obvious things. It has frame damage. Regardless of whether or not it effects the ability to ride it, it's damaged. Hes asking pristine pricing for a non pristine bike."

KIKH400 - My opinion is to pass on this bike, take your time and keep looking. It will take time, but you will be able to find a nice clean example for a reasonable price (I would expect that same bike to sell for less than $4k without damage). However, it really comes down to you as the buyer what you are willing pay for the bike, and whether you want a good clean bike, or one that has been wrecked. As it's been mentioned before, there isn't likely anything wrong with the bike from a ride ability point of view with the dented frame. It's just that the damage is there, and it's a very expensive fix if you want to have it fixed properly.

-Matt

Thanks for the advice. Yes, I'm in the DC area. I'd rather get a clean bike and pay more, but I haven't found one yet. Its getting to the end of (my) riding season, so I'm not in a rush, and may just wait to spring.

i asked the question because I'm trying to get a handle on what a fair price is, and I didn't know how bad the tank/frame damage looked. Again, thanks.

If you are interested in the lightning from Billings, MT I live here and can check it out for you?

CRider-

Thanks for the offer, but I'd like to get something local. I'm hoping I'll find something like that Billings bike within a few hours of here.

Link

03 SL in MD.

Has a Race Muffler and yellow plastics included in the sale.

I'm talking about actually nada values, not the "mine is worth this much because it's my Buell" I would want 6k for my '03 because its mine, but guess what, nada value is about 3k in perfect condition.

Kelly Blue Book rates it at 2745, in excellent condition. I only mention it due to some banks using Kelly as their determining factor for loans, if that is the route you where considering.

I think id start by offering $2800 after a test run , if all is well i wouldnt go over $3000. Im not sure on your state but check to see if it would pass inspection. Then after you buy it its worth $4000 cause we said so. Kbb cant make me sell mine for less than i think its worth! At 5'6" you should stick with a sl or scg . Good luck with purchace.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast