Thread: motoscope mini speed sensor....

I currently have the motoscope mini speed sensor (white wire) hooked up to the white wire in the factory gauge cluster (not looking at it right now but I'm pretty sure it’s the white wire). Well the speed reading is way off so in the motoscope manual it says to attach supplied resistor between the +12v power and the speed signal wires. Well the motoscope manual states +12v and looking at the factory wiring diagram it says that this power wire is +5v.

I guess I'm just trying to figure out what others have done for the speed sensor. I didn't have time to actually measure the voltage last night but I will check it tonight to see if it’s actually +5v.

Banned
    I've ordered the LSL Headlight, the m-Lock and the Motoscope mini. I have a few questions about the Motoscope mini.

1) Does the Motoscope mini work with the Buell speed sensor wire?
    2) Where is this wire located? (SPD 16?)
    3) Where did you connect the Motoscope RPM sensor wire? (TACH 14?)
    4) Did you use the wires from the Instrument cluster connector (39B) to connect the LED info lights?
    5) The Motoscope mini has 5 LED info lights. The Buell Instrument cluster has 6 info lights. Which one of them you do not use?

What you have down seems right, I have motogadget speedo, mini light bar (for blinker ect), m-button, m-unit, and keyless m- lock. I'm away at the moment i can check when I get back. I have them on my 07SS.

I was on there website and from the looks of it if you have a motoscope mini with the resistor you may have an older model. The one I have has the serial number starting at 00002084 seems to be an updated model I don't have this resistor with my unit. Measure the voltage and see what you got.

Banned
    What is the pin housing (39A) in the the Buell XB Instrument Cluster? I want to buy a pin housing for the the instrument cluster socket to keep the wires.

Are you talking about a pin in the housing? or the housing itself? Because 39A is the housing itself that plugs into 39B. I guess I'm not understanding your question.

Banned
    The 39A is the pin housing mounted in the instrument cluster. So I need the same plug to connect with the cable socket. Does anyone know what kind of the pin housing in the Buell XB instrument cluster?

I don't think your going to find what your looking for, there is nothing for Buell because it plugs right in to the cluster. I would look for a matching set of wire sockets and wire them into your factory wiring.

Google novello wiring harness, they have good stuff. Lot of bike stores carry them. Like Jp cycle ect.