Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possible Uly Owner Q's

So I've been riding my 1125r now for awhile and its getting rather uncomfortable for me and the lady. Im a bigger guy, and shes smaller but it still just isnt comfortable. Ive tried drop pegs, better seats. nothing seems to work I truly think my 1125r was designed for 1 and only 1. Now I know I will miss the speed and power that bike had, but i stumbled across an 06 ulyx with the full hard luggage system, and thought it would be a much better 2 up bike for traveling. this 1125r is my second buell I had an 06xb12r before, just never had much experience on a ULY anything I should look for on this bike it only has just under 3XXX miles on it. looks pretty clean. and stock. any advice would be great thanks!

Inactive
    grab it before i find out where it is! LOL
    Uly's are wonderful bikes. very comfortable wide seat, fantastic ergonomics, tons of torque, fairly bomb-proof if ridden sensibly, just a great all-around cycle. they do shudder and shake if you load the motor at lower rpms's in the higher gears but nature of the beast. once at speed they're very smooth. i've owned hundreds and hundreds of bikes and my 07 Uly might very well be the most comfortable and personality-laden bike i've ever owned. if this Uly you speak of has full factory luggage it is the XT model and not the X.

I say get it. Ive been tossing the idea around about finding a Uly for myself.

You will not be dissappointed..

ok, well i definetly want it. Its at a HD dealer :S so of course the price is a little higher then what I would expect but with only 2100 miles on it, what would you expect lol. Just gotta see if they will take my 1125R in on a trade. Its a Nice one. Its an 09 with the EBR rotor and stator fix so no more pesky problems, and the full luggage system so id imagine they would give me a decent trade in on her. Thanks for the advice. cant wait to own a nice sport-touring bike!

You could just convert your 1125 to a Uly. Ive seen some nice conversions. What full luggage do you have on your 1125?

http://www.badweatherbikers.com/buel...tml?1286915409

lol yeah, a little more mech. knowledge then I possess i assume haha. but if anyone is interested in a damn nice 1125r I'd consider selling it to a board member rather then trading it in to a HD dealer lol.

I have the 09 XB12XT Uly... Love it....

So many upgrades and things you can do with this wonderful swiss army knife of a bike....

A ton of info over on Badweather bikers on this bike...

For reference I paid $7k for mine this summer with 9k miles. That is about the best I have seen. If its an 09 then it has all the updates and fixes from years past and is a more desirable model. It does seem to get lower MPG then the older models but I am ok with that.

Good luck! I do know many guys that prefer the ULY over their HD Geezer glides!

Hehehe. I gave 7900 for my 09 with 819 miles on it!!! For the record....I LOVE IT

My woman loves being a passenger on my Uly. Many times I'm been ready to head home and she wants to cruise around more.

It's also pretty comfortable for me. I went out riding with two Super Tenere's, a BMW GS650, and a Concours on an all day ride through the twisted sisters (by San Antonio, Texas) ... My Uly kept right up, and I think they were more saddle sore than I was.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast