Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TunerPro RT Instruction Manual

Hey everybody, ZPower here.

I have been working on a TunerPro RT step-by-step instruction manual for my college Technical Writing class. I know there are various documents out there that cover some aspect of the TunerPro tuning process. However, I am going completely through the entire process, from start to finish, and documenting every step I take along the way. The end document will be finished by around December 7th, so not too far away. I would greatly appreciate some input on the outline of the document, since it is still a work in progress. After the outline is finalized by around next week, it's continuing on to the final document. Please do not hesitate to provide feedback, and be as detailed as possible. Anything I need to add, subtract, or modify, let me know. Since you guys are going to be the ones using the document as well as myself, your input helps to improve the overall quality of the finished product. The list that follows is the outline. Again, thank you for your time and input. It is very much appreciated.

1. Cover Page
    2. Acknowledgements
    3. Legal Information
    4. Table of Contents
    5. Introduction to the Buell ECU
    a. What sensors are involved
    b. How the ECU interprets the signals from these sensors
    6. Introduction to TunerPro RT
    a. Various vehicles that TunerPro RT can be used on
    b. Why I chose TunerPro RT
    7. TunerPro RT Interface
    a. What buttons/functions do
    8. Establishing a Link Between the Computer/Laptop and the Buell ECU
    a. How to get the laptop and ECU communicating
    b. How to solve a “dropped” connection
    c. How TunerPro RT remembers files used in the past
    d. Differences between two files used (ADX and XDF)
    9. Datalogging with TunerPro RT
    a. How to record and play back data logs
    b. How to ride during datalogging sessions
    10. Converting TunerPro RT datalog files to MegaLog Viewer compatible file
    a. How to get the best map possible using this process
    11. Reading/Writing to the Buell ECU
    a. Differences between the two and when to use them
    12. Altering ECU Table Values with TunerPro RT
    a. What the values mean in each table
    b. How the motorcycle is effected by these changes
    13. Troubleshooting Various Problems
    a. For example: dropped connection, datalogging problems, extraneous values (i.e. smoothing the values), etc.
    14. Appendicies

ZPower

Cool, thanks... I have yet to use the program, it's always a good thing to have a user friendly manual at your finger tips.

Sounds like a great project, ZPower!
    This looks good. 8d is especially good for new users.

One thing that has gotten me several times is that it was not obvious (or maybe even documented) is that the Acquire Data function does not work if you still have an active Emulator Hardware connection. At least in my experience, you must disconnect the active emulator connection (for EEPROM read/write) BEFORE the Acquire Data function would work. No error message - just does nothing.

That was exactly what I was going for! Introducing people to TunerPro and showing how powerful the program is. Does anything on the outline look like it needs to be changed? If so, please let me know. Thanks.

ZPower

One thing that has gotten me several times is that it was not obvious (or maybe even documented) is that the Acquire Data function does not work if you still have an active Emulator Hardware connection. At least in my experience, you must disconnect the active emulator connection (for EEPROM read/write) BEFORE the Acquire Data function would work. No error message - just does nothing.
    XRorXB, thank you for the input! That was another thing that will be included, it seems like it is a pretty common problem that trips people up. Again, thank you. It's awesome to hear what people would like to be included in a guide like this. Thanks for your time.

ZPower

You're welcome. TOC looks good to me. It sounds like you might already have some technical background to add the details needed for the chapters like 12a/b? Otherwise, it could be pretty aggressive to discover on your schedule.

Also, I assume you will not be reiterating each EEPROM parameter, definition, and value types found on ECMSPY.com?

Sounds good, looking forward to having a read

In this hot summer,what kind shoes should fashion girls to buy? I think tods handbags online shops must be very good. They are fashion and comfortable enough that every woman like them. tods shoes are the most popular collection of Tods women shoes, they are absolutely worth to own.

Good luck with the project

Also, I assume you will not be reiterating each EEPROM parameter, definition, and value types found on ECMSPY.com?
    No, I will not be reiterating that information, I will simply direct the reader to that article. I feel like that would be the best way to still maintain the flow of the document without it being too lengthy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast