Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WONT START and the clutch wont work??????

Hey everybody

well first problem

the buell woundent start, so i Removed the "tank" plastik and air cover and then it startet, but as soon as i stop given it some truttle it dies,???
    what could that be?

the clutch dosent work?
    i checked the cabel and its fine, i was woundering if it is because it dons pull enough? check the pic´s
    pic. where i pull it and one where i dont

HOPE HOPE HOPE HOPE that some one can help me..

sorry for the bat english hope that you get it any way´s

before i put it away for winter i made service on it.

i changes the spark plugs, oil and filters

clutch cable adjuster? do you have a pic of where it is and of the lock?

It should be under a rubber boot behind the front wheel in front of the engine

Danish,welcome to the Forum. Your Xb model of bike your Cable Adjuster is right up front at the Exhaust Header(right Side) with a rubber boot covering it to keep out moisture. With the Rubber boot slid up you will see the long shiney Adjuster Bolt and the small lock nut that keeps it in place from moving, you need TWO wrenches to work on it.
    To loosen up the small nut and the Long nut is the(adjuster) bike needs to be cold. Cable adjuster for ONLY adjusting slack in the cable itself down to the Round thing you took a picture of to show us is the Ramp assembly & the cable end goes down to it. That is the part that disenguages when the clutch lever is pulled in to change the gears. The Flat Screw inside the Spring is the Clutch Adjuster. Remove the Spring and the Small Hex shaped part that holds the spring.
    PAY Close Attention to how this part is removed and put back the same way when done. NOW BEfore you Turn the Screw do the Cable Adjustment first! Once you do that then see if that is [all the work] needed to fix the problem. Always check the Small Things First And do one thing at a Time. Then test it! I don't know your Skills Ability so /
    THERE are Manuals here on the Forum to look at the Pictures and information on step by step instructions. IF that is not very helpful read up in the manuals the XB bikes have the Transmission parts are close to the same. The way you adjust the cable and the Clutch are basiclly the same. If you get stuck post up. Also there is a switch(Safety Switch) up at the Clutch lever. It may also need to be checked.
    BUT do the Cable first.IF it needs anything at all, but still needs to be checked first. Please Read Those manuals here on the Forum to get a better idea on working on your bike.
    look up top of the page on the Buell forum you can even download the Manuals to your computer. Good Luck. *Jimi

Danish depending on the year (Always tell us your Year of your bike)when posting problems happening to your bike. The Adjustment of your XB model of bike you will see down on the left side of the front of the bike near the air scoop a small adjusting screw for Turning up the Idle on your bike depending on the year of bike. Turn the Screw Clockwise to go up with the Idle.
    Do this Adjustment a 1/4 turn Clockwise at a Time, then Start the Bike and see where the Engine Idles. The Tach/ OR RPMs on your Guages(Dash)area should be 1050 RPMs at Idling or running when it is in Neutral. Put the Bike Transmission in Neutral [always] for checking.Take your time and have fun learning your bike. Good Luck. *Jimi

hey thanks for all the good tips you guys have giving me.
    I have done like this to the clutch
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpMnccIMSIs
    but it dint work? when i hold the clutch and put it in gear(motor off) it blocks the rear wheel
    so what to do what to do???

I unplug the wire from the spark plugs and put it back on, it will start with some trotle, i have adjustet the Idle screw.
    as soon as i put the air cover on it turnes off???

hope hope hope hope you guys can help

I'm going to have to Guess that you may need to have the Throttle Sensor settings checked.- if you have Spark at the plugs and fuell then most times the Engine will Start. Do you Have a manual for the year of bike you have?- also check the Big Rubber Velocity Stack sitting above the Throttle body That HAS to be put all the way Down into a grove down on the Throttle body then the Clamp will fit into the Grove.
    This will keep it down properly.
    Sometimes when you remove the Velocity stack [if that has been done,] and reinstall it back on you think it is installed but then find it is not Quite down on the Throttle body far Enough that means the intake can't get any air with the Air Box cover on.
    Leave the Air Box Cover off AND the Inner Air box Air Filter but if you leave the Bike unattended for a bit Cover the Area you work on Very good so no Foreign Debree or anything else gets down it the Engine, Also till you have let the Engine run a bit.[ Safety] First, that way you know if Air Intake is part of the Problem. Just check your previous work in that area. Hope this helps. *Jimi

THANKS.. I will go try it out today. what about the problem about clutch.. ??

the cable works fine. and does pull it all the wat so??

Danish, hope your work is coming along.on your Clutch problem re-read the postings above here where I posted and Check the Manuals here on the Forum on the Adjustments. When pulling the Clutch Lever all the way in it should not Grind into gear. If it does it needs adjusting.
    If it goes into Gear and Changes all the way Through the gears to 5th Gear then you Should be fine. Otherwise if the Clutch Slips when you Twist the Throttle Going into Gear then the Inner Clutches need to be Adjusted. The Spring and the Small Hex Shaped part need to be removed to do that Adjustment. Go up to the top of the Page where it Says[ Buell Service Manuals] and Click on the Words.
    Then you need to read the Book in the Clutch Area The Transmission is the Same in most areas on the Adjustments. Sometimes the Pictures can Reveal the Area so it is easier for Understanding.Try that out and in a couple of days I'll check back to see how you are doing.*Jimi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast