Thread: 02 sensor part 2 an update

Ok so last night I unplugged my 02 sensors, the rear one being the faulty one, and with them both unplugged the bike ran fine, so today I drove it to and from work this way, about 30 miles, and man I blasted it, because I don't think that the 02 sensor would just suddenly crap out, I presumed there way some carbon or w/e making it dirty and un responsive, well

I let the 1125 have it, I blasted that thing like i never have before , hoping this would utterly blow away the maybe blockage on my 02 sensor.

When i got home I plugged both 02 sensors back up and instead of the front 02 sensor pulling all of the volts, both 02 sensors were pulling on each other like they should be, and the bike didn't throw an error code, and it idled fine and was pretty much responsive.

I think i am getting the ebr ecm for this exhaust because I think that may also be a problem too.

Anyone have anything else to add?

The sensors are easy enough to pull out and check. Typically they'll be a light gray in color if it's all stock, more white if it's running lean. Another thing to look at is the color of the header pipe itself. If it's purple or blue, you're probably a wee bit lean.

How would you inform someone according to removing the rear 02 sensor? because I didn't see a possible way without taking the whole swingarm off.

I did it by removing the right foot peg bracket and the shroud next to it. Used a standard O2 sensor socket on a swivel and extension to get at it and it came right out. I installed a Bosch LSU 4.2 wideband sensor in it's place. I didn't take pics of the rear sensor, but it's not all that hard to get at. I didn't drop/move the swingarm at all.

The Bosch sensors are longer than stock, but they still went back in easy enough.

A conclusion.

Yes both sensors work fine.

I read up on 02 sensors and they cycle voltage depending on the 02 content, a rich mixture should read a higher voltage, and a leaner one should read a lower voltage.

They cycle between 0.00 and 1.00 volts.

My rear 02 sensor cycles lower than the front sensor because my cyclinder mixtures are different, the front being 105.5 and the rear is 95.5.

Which clarifies why the volts differ so slightly.

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!