Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Running out of fuel far too early

http://www.buellxb.com/Buell-XB-Foru...uys-could-help this is my previous topic. It has some more info incase you were wondering.

usually a filter screen attached to the petcock a few inches long..thats if the petcock if attached to the tank..screen could be dirty

My wifes Buell had stalling issues a while back.... While I cannot remember all the details I do clearly remember the solution. It seems that the air intake hose attached near fuel cap area had been pinched shut where it travels under the fuel tank not allowing air to replace consumed fuel in the tank..... creating a vacuum of sorts in the fuel tank....... Weird?!!???!!!

Thanks guys. Last night i filled it up with Good gas. It took 2.3 gallons of gas, so maybe just maybe it was actually running outta gas. I just was dumbfounded because i only had 112 total miles on the thing. I was estimating atleast 160 miles on the tank of gas. But it still is cheaper than the truck i had before. After i filled up, it is amazing how it started to act right. :) Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I am glad i joined this forum. :)

I've been running out early too! About 80 ish miles the first time. Pretty consistently around the same number the 2 nd time

It sounds like you guys need to fill up the tank higher, and additionally, realize that the "reserve" is a whole 1.0 gallons of your 2.8 gallon tank. If you are not filling it up enough, you are running on less than 1.8 gallons for your "full" tank. You can leave the valve on reserve all the time, and have the full 2.8 gallons available to you, but you won't get any warning before it is empty. You will just have to watch the trip meter.

REVOLUTIONary 2B - You do realize that the last post in this thread was from nearly 3-years ago, right?

Realized that after I already typed it out. Found the post through a search.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123