Thread: sagging isolator

the secondary drive belt on my beull is snaping. someone told me it may be a sagging isolator. does anyone know what this means?

I posted something then realized this was a blast post...sorry I'm of no help

In laymans terms.........Check all your mounts that hold the motor to ther frame. You may have a broken or damaged one.

Check the rear mount, as there is a rubber isolation part in the mount that may be shot. The front mount should be fine as its bolted right into the head and pretty noticeable.

The OP obviously isn't knowledgeable in the mounts on the motorcycle, so to disregard the front as "pretty noticeable" is rather ignorant.

The front isolator goes bad way more often than the rear.

http://www.badweatherbikers.com/buel...164/672815.jpg

It's a simple replacement if it's torn.

would the front isolator affect the drive belt? there was some rubber stuff that came off when i was inspecting the rear isolator.

Any mount will affect the drive belt.

A torn front isolator generally does nothing to the drive belt. It is easy to check though.

The rear isolator however will.

While Jet is correct that the front isolator is far more common, rear engine mount failures are quite common. The blast is prone to both problems. It is common enough that I hear of it every few months.

Check the rear isolator and make sure the bolt heads have not severed off. Generally what occurs is that they begin to back out and then the bolt heads snap off.

If all of the bolts have severed you should know because the entire bike should sag. When you put it on the kickstand it should be strangely lower and bit less stable.

By the way, I have both the new front isolator kit with the beefier mount and new standoffs, and the oem rear isolator bolts if you need them. Do not use anything other than oem with either (other than the side bolts for the front mount). This problem has been persistent, and somewhat ignored, but Buell did update the bolt and mounting procedures because o this problem. So do not just replace with hardware grade 8.