Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: When do you stop riding?

Hey my buddy that used to live down there said they just finished a highway between austin and san antonio with a speed limit of 85, this true??Â* that'd be nice
    Yup, it's true. I live in Austin but don't get down to SanAn very often. Maybe I need to find an excuse now that it's that much easier. If nothin else I'm sure I can find some good food. Maybe I'll try out the legendary 4-Horsemen burger (a.k.a. the 'burns at both ends' burger).

I live in UK and plan is to ride all year round :) It is cold already ...
    Hope my Buell doesnt mind :)

I feel like I'm giving her a nice treat when I ride in cold weather.

30° this morning for the ride in, stayed toasty warm all the way to the parking lot at work. Froze my hands and ears on the walk into the building because I took off my helmet and gloves for security. They don't seem to like it when they can't see your face. Good ride otherwise.

I ride year round in Southern NH/Northeastern Mass, I just wait for the snow to be cleared from the rodes and will drive my route in the truck checking for ice before riding my bike. I wear Gerbing heated jacket liner and gloves and will switch off between my Firebolt and my Ultra Classic. Yesterday was the 1st day since March that I drove a truck to work (Hurricane Sandy..) though I have my Ultra today...

I ride year round here in Central Virginia, except for snow or ice on the road. All my bikes are wired for Gerbing heated gear, I really perfer bikes to cages, unless I pulling the trailer with our track bikes.

I usually just ride until it's freezing, or snowing. whichever comes first. It has been between 28-50 degrees here in Illinois for about the last month, with a spike last week that brought temps up to almost 80. the biggest problem though has been that it is either windy as all hell or raining. One or the other, and i cant stand riding in either. Im not even so much concerned about riding safety in the rain, but i hate having to recondition a 500$ jacket because it got wet and not its stiff as cardboard. i rode home on my blast 2 years ago in the summer, in a hail storm and 40mph winds, at 11:30 PM. That broke me into harsh weather. the XB9 is a little scarier though, because when i even hit the slightest patch of wet, its all over the place. but like i said, its more taking care of my bike and gear than my own safety because ive crashed my dirtbikes enough that ive "learned how to fall the correct way." I'll probably winterize my bike with my next paycheck though. i need to buy some real good oil.

*Someone shoot me a PM with the best oil for an XB9S, Please!*

it's sad to put the bike away for the winter, but the weather has been **** and its time to get the snowmobiles out!

I'm in Indiana and I generally ride until it gets down to about 40', after that my hands get too cold for me to feel safe about holding on to the grips. And truth be told I 'm not too comfortable riding with cold tires, it makes her feel squirrelly since i put the clubman bars on.

It's 91 degrees here today...

84 here in Carlsbad, 92 at home in Murrieta...nice ride set for this afternoon making my way home...that's if all the fruits and nuts that I have to share the road with drive normal today:D

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast