Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Motorcycle

Super Moderator
    I know I don't post much on here anymore (though I do check in a couple times daily for moderator purposes), but I thought this was thread-worthy.

Sold my KTM a couple months ago, and just sat on the big pile of cash that it netted me. Finished a brutal section in medical school last week, and decided it was time to drop by a motorcycle stealership to just see what was out there. Went in, threw my leg over maybe 20 different motorcycles (from Victory to Ducati), and instantly connected with one (lucky for me, it was the most affordable, too). Threw out an offer that was $200 under invoice + $500 to cover dealership costs/profit + taxes/fees, and after I reminded them that their gigantic dealership had a huge overhead and they could either make $100-200 on a day with no other sales or nothing at all, they bit. I really can't believe they went for it, because people are paying more for 1-2 year old models than I did OTD.

It feels good to be back on Team Green. Without further ado, my new 2013 Kawasaki Z1000:

I haven't done much to it so far, other than integrated tail light, fender eliminator, and removing the rear wheel plastics (fender and chain guard). I have CRG bar-end mirrors waiting for some new bar-ends before they can go on. I'll ride it for a year and then will probably update the whole performance system, plus a Bazzaz auto-tune setup. Suspension may or may not happen, depending on whether I feel like the bike is a keeper (though let's be honest, nothing in my garage is).

Having ridden a few inline 4's before, I'm generally not impressed with the platform's powerband. This bike, however, does not have that problem. It has tons of low end power, and just screams at the top end.

Diggin the green. Good lookin bike man.

Looks good! I've always been a kaw fan. Matter of fact, until the Buell, I've only owned Kawasaki's.

This bike has been in my "if i had to replace my buell" line up ever since i saw them! Great looking bikes.

BTW Max, i sent you an email a few months back and you never got back with me. :P

looks good... my buddy just sold his 03 Z1000 and picked up an 04 XB12S....
    I did like his Z1000 and have been thinking about one as a second bike!!

That muffler is horrendous! :p

Sweet bike! I love them too, but I'm trying to stay away from inline 140+ horse monsters... 100 MPH wheelies are too tempting and too dangerous/jail-inducing.

I'm sticking with my 85 horse Buell..., but its hard... Lol!

Super Moderator
    Thanks guys! I do miss my Buell, but it's hard to argue with the power and performance of the Z.

It's true, the exhaust is ugly. Sadly, it seems to be the trend with a lot of new bikes. When I get the time and money together to overhaul the whole system, I will likely put Arrow race collectors and Mivv slip-ons on the bike. Until then, I'll just be happy with it as is.

And Rhino, you've got it right: it's more fun to really be able to ride a bike to its fullest capacity. I can't even come close to scratching the surface on this one. I crack the throttle in 3rd gear and I'm going 100 mph and the front is lifting up. It's a little frustrating sometimes to not be able to really let it all hang out. Again, when I have the money, I'll put a Bazzaz TC/QS system on and that'll help me get a little more (controllable) power out of the bike.

Ohh, nice! Now ride that thing to Vegas!

Now you just need to turn it into this

http://www.lossaengineering.com/wp-c...0-CR-1-sm.jpeg

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast