Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Motorcycle

Ahhh... all you had to say was "MS1" ;o)

Best of luck!

At one point I evaluated every naked Japanese bike available. They always have to put some sort of animie/manga/pokemon/dragonball-z plastic design pieces. I really don't think they understand guys who are attracted to naked bikes. If they put a naked bike out there that appealed to me, I would admit it.

thumpin1203: I respect your patience.Â* I'm done with the Buell platform (short of finding a beautiful S1W one day) for the foreseeable future.Â* I need dealer support, parts availability, and ease of maintenance at this stage in my life.Â*
    Max, thanks.. understood.. agreed.. :D
    (.. BTW, you have made an excellent choice in machines, the more I pour over your Z1000, the more I like it )
    There's no doubt that Erik builds incredible bikes, and that there is no real match for his forward-thinking builds. I hope the bike is (when you get it) everything you hoped it would be. I'm sure it won't disappoint.
    I concur.. you know, the competition is and will be incredibly tough, though.. (Z1, case in point!) I do hope the new Buells hit the style mark high, and I am certainly hoping for a concerted effort to alleviate apprehensions w.r.t. support when that time comes... till then, let the ......waiting..... commence, lol

Hey, enjoy that new BEAUTY this winter in sunny, WARM, so-cal.. I'm jelly-ous :D

The wife went Martha Stewart with our house this year for the Halloween party.Â* You should see the garage bathroom.Â* There's blood and severed fingers everywhere.
    lol nice ;)

i hid all the wifes holiday decorations in storage when we moved, but she just goes out and buys new crap

Nice Bike.
    Still Loving my zx10r even post crash...
    Take it to a track day and add 2 to the rear sprocket for that low end out of the corner grunt and wheelies.

I have the Bazzaz tfi and qs on my gen 3 zx10r great stuff makes good power.

At one point I evaluated every naked Japanese bike available. They always have to put some sort of animie/manga/pokemon/dragonball-z plastic design pieces. I really don't think they understand guys who are attracted to naked bikes. If they put a naked bike out there that appealed to me, I would admit it.
    I agree. They are just way too busy for a supposedly naked bike. The Z1000 (no offense to octopus) looks like some kind of weird transformer thing. It just LOOKS big and heavy. I mean the front end is just, gigantic.

It's like they were adding on the plastics and the designer walked up to the worker and was like "Wait man this is supposed to be a naked bike!" And the worker was all "Oh ok, well we'll just take the side fairings off so you can see the engine, but leave everything else!"

Super Moderator
    No doubt that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. The front end of the Z1000 is not my favorite, and the Japanese are definitely still working on the whole naked bike thing, but I'm happy with it for what it is. We all make sacrifices on things we care less about in order to obtain the things that matter most.

In all fairness, though, the same thing could be said about the Firebolt. No designer in their right mind would have put that front fairing on the bike without changing something in the lines of the remainder of the motorcycle. It looks like someone stuck it on there as an afterthought. And while we're talking about heavy front ends, let's just look to the 1125 platform for something that totally takes the cake. Bottom line is that I bought into the Buell brand because it was function over form: well-made, over-engineered, and well-designed. The Z1000 fits the bill, as well.

And while we're talking about heavy front ends, let's just look to the 1125 platform for something that totally takes the cake
    agreed...those pods and the CR front end me no likey... always reminds me of the movie "Alien" :D:D:D I like the bolts front end, kinda like "angry eyes" / attitude staring right at you

maybe replace the front end with something from streetfighters inc.

[agreed...those pods and the CR front end me no likey... always reminds me of the movie "Alien" I like the bolts front end, kinda like "angry eyes" / attitude staring right at you
    maybe replace the front end with something from streetfighters inc.
    I'm right there with ya thrstrmech. I'm not much on the CR front end or the 1125R, the bolt is ok for me but I see theoctopus's point it does kind of look like it's appliqued onto the front of a Lightning. I have always thought that lowers LOOK better on a bolt to tie it all together aesthetically, but they're just not great for disapating heat.

Octopus, I have a short list of bikes that I'd own in the "naked from the factory" catagory, The Z1000 is definately one of them but I think before it was said and done I'd be stripping a couple of grand in bodywork off of it too. Its just not naked enough for me. Kinda like the ugly bugeyes on a Triumph Speed Triple, gotta GO! I was recently at my local Kaw dealer and threw a leg over one of these, VERY comfortable and very fast! A nice choice!

THIS
    http://www.lossaengineering.com/wp-content/up ...
    is poetry in motion!

As an 1125r owner I wish I had the CR. There's no mistaking the CR, no matter what it's always "oh snap dude an 1125CR". From the front the 1125r has a more conventional feel, it's really the pods that give it it's character. I honestly love the pods on both bikes because there's simply nothing else like it out there. They give it a sort of aggressive "I'm a comin' for that ass" kinda look, and the CR's headlight is just pure angry.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast