Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Locking gas cap?

No, it's no joke. I realize the crushed cube is what most people think of the 2010 Blast as being. However, in 2010 the Blast was manufactured in limited quantities. it had something to do with HD's "New Rider's Edge" training classes that kept the Blast manufactured through 2010. It just wasn't called a "Buell Blast" or even a "HD Blast". Just "Blast". Unless you want to tell me that I have a fake title and fake owners manual for a fake 2010 Blast sitting in front of me. ;) I'd link a BadWeb thread that talks about them. But unfortunately BadWeb appears to still be down. Here's the link in case they ever come back up:
    2010 Blast discussed on BadWeb

Link to another 2010 Blast owner

Anyway, thanks for the help.

Learn something new every day. I believe you.

Still looking for a locking gas cap?

I realize it's difficult to believe, so I uploaded some photos. I only learned about the 2010 this week when we were looking for a Blast for my girlfriend. Initially I thought it was a phony CL ad when I saw the year 2010. Lo and behold they do exist! They're rare, but I doubt that means they'll be valuable some day. Let's not kid ourselves. LOL pics of 2010 Blast title and owner's manual

I am still looking for a locking gas cap, but I prefer to find a new one. But I do appreciate your offer!

pierce, I called that local guy and he is sending me a copy of the title. I started looking around and was interested too. The only people who have 2010 blasts are people who bought used ones from riders edge courses either closing or getting rid of inventory, or who had one on order before the shut down announcement was made public. The guy local bought his, never registered, but not quite new from a Harley dealer with 80 miles on it. Not trying to throw it in your face or anything, just letting you know what i learned in my boredom.

You can buy them new still (I believe?). I bought mine new years ago, the tuber gas caps are locking and fit. They one I linked to you is what they look like. What I would suggest is to find the part number and order online, or through your local harley (if they are licensed to work on Buells - only some of them are now).

In regards to the 2010, I assume that Riders edge flipped a wig when they were discontinued so the remaining fleet that was in stock was used. Hence a 2010 blast. They were most likely sold used after the RE kicked the hell out of them, but not new to the public? I would be interested to know.

You can buy them new still (I believe?). I bought mine new years ago, the tuber gas caps are locking and fit. They one I linked to you is what they look like. What I would suggest is to find the part number and order online, or through your local harley (if they are licensed to work on Buells - only some of them are now).
    Thank you

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12