Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FINALLY got her done.

OK I have been gathering parts for the last two years and finally came along the extra cash I needed to get the last couple of items I needed to get all the mods done at once. SO, here she is boys.

At the point these pics were taken I hadn't yet recieved the bar end mirrors and I still had to fabricate the license plate bracket, but both of those are done now.
    Installed Items are as follows:
    Emgo clubman bars from Steadfast Cycles
    2.5" billet handlebar risers
    Integrated tail light with turn signals
    fender eliminator/tail chop from ASB
    Bar end mirrors from Dime City Cycles
    New front turn signals from Bike Master
    new grips
    I still have a few minor mods to do on her over the winter, I want to get a rear brake bracket to do the Brembo caliper hiding mod and I want to pull the belt guards. I am also going to purchase a seat cowl, I didn't want to have NOTHING to do over the winter.
    THe END thanks for looking!

Looks good Maybe over the winter those reflectors on the forks will fall off:D

nice...add frame pucks, fork/swingarm sliders, RSS, are you going to remove the belt guards and foot peg nipples:D

Looks great!

I would know a guy who can repair your frame

Ive seen a few clubmans but not those emglos.How do your arms and back feel after an hour of riding?nice bike btw.

Sweet moods! Winter is the time for upgrades. I cant wait till spring time. Baby girl is going to look sexy!!!!

I was going to comment and Joel9 beat me to it, "how long did it take you to locate that set of fork reflectors?" Very nice bike, though. Good looker.

LOL! Thanks for all the compliments, my mental image of my bike and the reality of what she looks like now match. I have taken all the other reflectors off and was a bit cautious about taking ALL of them off for the sake that I have already been in two close calls. Visabilty to 4 wheel vehicles is a GOOD thing, not popular in a fashion sense maybe but I kind of like the idea of riding tomorrow too!

BKKBuell, my frame is not dented, thats sunlight coming through the tree limbs behind me in the yard.

thrstrmech, pucks and sliders are in my very near future, as a matter of fact they are my next purchase even before the seat cowl and Brembo caliper. I'm always more about the safety of me and my bike, even before aesthetics. I will be doing the Brembo mod and peeling the belt guards off at the same time and maybe a carbon fibre hugger.

wanta6th2, so far since she's been back together, I have ridden her for about an hour and a half on two separate days. I have bad shoulders and it seems to be just enough lean to be comfortable instead of the opposite. I have really broad shoulders for my height (6'1") and the stock bar position used to cause the wind to toss me around alot sitting so upright. With the Emgo bars, 2.5" rizers and the stock peg position she fits like a glove. I was worried about how much lean I built back into it because I knew my rotator cuffs would kill me if I didn't.

Aesthetically, I am drawn to cafe racers and street fighter/naked bikes. In fact the only other modern bikes I would own are a Triumph Speed Triple and a Ducati Streetfighter/Monster. I am a big fan of the minimalist motorcycle, even if I owned a Duc worth $15K I'd still be trying to figure out how to make it look like a Norton Manx. I paint helmets on occasion and a friend recently asked me how he could make his Yamaha R1 look better. he was fishing for my ideas on a paint job, what I told him was "Rip all that plastic **** off of it and that'd be a good start." He failed to see the humor in my remark. Thats just my taste, I can see the attraction to something like a Ducati Desmosidici or an R1 or even an EBR 1190RS but to me I know there is a meaner looking girl under that pretty dress.
    By the way her name is Betty, or as the wife calls her "yer girlfriend".

I to changed the stock bars for Renthal Ultra Lows, a bit wider stance, slight lean, but comfortable. the stock bars made it feel like my elbows were in my ribs and stood me up only to get blasted by the wind and worse riding through the valley freeways pushing me around. think the yellow plastics on mine make me more visible than the reflectors unless the other drivers are color blind :p

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast